Viewing page 4 of 7 pages. Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13:
Idle CPU-Z screenshot .
Load CPU-Z screenshot.
Measurement and Analysis Tools
Battery Life Test Details
- Web Browsing: Firefox
add-on set to refresh one a minute three separate web pages in tabs: Google News, Yahoo News, and CNN International.
- XVID Playback: PowerDVD playing a XVID/AC3 encoded AVI (1324kbps video, 448kbps audio) in a loop.
- H.264 Playback: PowerDVD playing a H.264/DTS encoded MKV (4600 kbps video, 1536 kbps audio) in a loop.
Real-world Benchmark Test Details
- Eset NOD32: In-depth virus scan of a folder containing 32 files of
varying size, several of which are archives with many files within them..
- WinRAR: Archive creation with a folder containing 68 files of varying
size (less than 50MB).
- iTunes: Conversion of an MP3 file to AAC (48KHz, 256kbps).
- TMPGEnc Xpress: Encoding a 1-minute long XVID AVI file to VC-1 (1280x720,
Our first test procedure is designed to determine the overall system power
consumption at various states (measured using a Seasonic Power Angel). To stress
CPUs we use either Prime95 (large FFT setting) or CPUBurn, depending on which
produces higher system power consumption. To stress the GPU, we use ATITool
or FurMark, whichever application is more power demanding. Both internal and
external temperatures are monitored as are acoustics.
Our second test procedure tests the machine's battery life. A series of applications
are run to simulate web surfing and movie watching. The critical and low battery
actions are disabled so the system simply shut downs once the battery is exhausted
as far as Windows 7 will allow (2%).
Our third test procedure is composed of a series of real world performance benchmarks detailed above.
All nonessential pre-installed software is removed prior to testing, and certain
services and features like Superfetch and System Restore are disabled to prevent
them from affecting our results. Aero glass is left enabled if supported. All
tests are conducted with WiFi disabled (as well as other wireless connectivity
features) unless necessary, and screen brightness is set to a reasonable reference level
unless otherwise noted. We also make note if energy saving features like Cool'n'Quiet
and SpeedStep do not function properly.
|Help support this site, buy from one of our affiliate retailers!|