Viewing page 4 of 7 pages. Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Relevant Notebook Specifications:
- AMD A6-1450 APU
- 1.0 GHz (up to 1.4 GHz), 28 nm, 8W, HD 8250 graphics
- DDR3 SODIMM memory - 1x4GB, unspecified frequency (running at 1066 MHz)
- Samsung MZMTD128HAFV
solid state drive - 128GB
- Antatel Atheros QCMD335 wireless module
- Windows 8 operating system - 64-bit
Test configuration device listing.
CPU Performance Test Details
Photoshop: Image manipulation using a variety of filters, a derivation
of Driver Heaven's Photoshop
Benchmark V3 (test image resized to 4500x3499).
- Eset NOD32: In-depth virus scan of a folder containing 32 files of varying
size with many RAR and ZIP archives.
- WinRAR: Archive creation with a folder containing 68 files of varying
size (less than 50MB).
- iTunes: Conversion of an MP3 file to AAC.
Xpress: Encoding a AVI file with VC-1.
- HandBrake: Encoding a XVID AVI file with H.264.
GPU Performance Test Details
Misc. Measurement and Analysis Tools
Our main test procedure is a series of CPU (timed tests of real-world applications) and GPU-centric (gaming tests and synthetics) benchmarks as well a brief test of the wireless adapter. Battery life is also examined by putting it through a simulation of active web browsing and playing a HD movie on a loop until the system shuts down.
The physical portion of our testing involves putting the system through various states (idle, HD playback, and video encoding with TMPGEnc) and recording stabilized system and external temperatures as well as the noise level in our anechoic chamber.
Certain services and features like Superfetch and System Restore are disabled
to prevent them from affecting our results.
We also make note if energy saving features like Cool'n'Quiet and SpeedStep
do not function properly.
|Help support this site, buy from one of our affiliate retailers!|