Viewing page 1 of 5 pages. 1 2 3 4 5 Next
May 11, 2004 by Ralf
Chenbro is best known as a large supplier to OEMs in the server/rack mount market. They do have a line of
cases targeted to the consumer market; the recently reviewed Chenbro
Gaming Bomb is one that should be familiar to SPCR readers. The subject
of this review is the PC-610, an earlier, standard sized, conservatively styled, affordably priced, mid-tower
case -- with a twist:
It has been modded by Coolcases.com.
is a high performance PC case specialist well-known to many DIY system builders. They offer a wide variety of modifications to cases that are preselected for high quality and performance. This modded, upgraded version of the Chenbro PC- 610 case includes the following changes:
- Removal of the front 120mm grill
- Addition of a side 120mm grill
molding strips around the resulting holes
- aluminum mesh intake
filters for both fan holes
- Fan mounting grommets at each of the
three fan mounting locations
- Premounted three 120mm x 25mm Globe brand Low
- Fans are routed through a 4-pot Mitron rheobus
in one of the two 3.5" drive bays.
For more details, please visit the Chenbro PC-610 page at Coolcases. Note that Coolcases offers cases (and mods to cases) from Chenbro, Addtronics, Enlight, Lite-On, AMS and Compucase.
This was an eagerly awaited sample, as I have a soft
spot for the Chenbro server cases, especially the SR104
"Genie". They are well built, roomy and well ventilated, all features
that I look for in a case. I was really curious about how the desktop-oriented PC-610 compared to a"built like a tank" server case
like the Genie. Especially after Jim Hanson of Coolcases.com
had done his magic.
The simple, basic packing box gives a
clue about it's contents....
......a simple, basic looking black mid-tower case
PC-610 FEATURES & SPECS FROM CHENBRO
Effective Thermal Dynamics
- Optional 120mm front and rear cooling
- Passes Intel 3.06GHz CPU thermal test
Excellent EMI Solution
- Optional EMI liner for slot window
- Optional EMI liner on the edges
Installation and Maintenance Time Saving
- Easy bezel removal design
- Detachable internal drive cage
- Screwless slide rails for 5.25" and 3.5"
- Optional screwless holder for add-on card
- Folded edge for each part
- Membrane of side cover to avoid scratch
- Screw-mounted or rail-mounted for 5.25"
and 3.5" devices
- Optional extra 2-bay or 4-bay HDD cage
- Rackmountable by tray
- Support Kensington lock, and optional
intrusion switch and Keylock
- Side cover latch
Optional USB2.0/Audio or USB2.0/Audio/IEEE1394
FP I/O board
Dimension (DxWxH): 18.31"x 7.80"x 16.73"
- Exposed 3 x 5.25"
- Exposed 2 x 3.5"
- Internal 2 x 3.5"
Switch: Power ON/OFF
LEDs: Power ON& HDD Activity
- PCI/AGP Slot Opening : 7
- Front Panel I/O (Option): 2xUSB2.0,2xAudio,
- Security Lock: Keylock, intrusion
switch and kensington lock supported
- Construction : SECC
- Net Weight: 8.2 Kg (18.02lbs)
|Help support this site, buy from one of our affiliate retailers!|