Viewing page 2 of 5 pages. Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
The Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro looks much like many other 120mm fan ATX PSUs. Let's be frank: Just how different can they be when the form factor dictates most of their physical characteristics? It's nice looking, with a kind of brushed titanium finish and the logo on a gold colored wire fan grill.
Typical appearance. Blue output jacks are for PCIe vidcards.
The exhaust vent is extremely free and open, even around the power jack and switch. There will be very little airflow impedance caused by this vent. There are a couple of slotted vents on one side, presumably to help with airflow across some hot components. On the output site, there is a fairly substantial vent of many slots which will probably throw some heat from the PSU back into the case. This is not uncommon among 120mm fan PSUs and should be accounted for if you are building your own PC with this PSU.
DC outputs: The small ones let you connect fans in parallel with the PSU fan, with the voltage set by the PSU fan controller. This feature could take the place of an external controller for your other fans and save you some money, especially if you prefer automatic thermal fan control. It certainly could be worth playing around with when designing your system.
CABLES AND CONNECTORS
The features highlights mentioned 19 cables, but it's actually more like 19 connectors. Many of the cables are a meter long, one is even longer than that. Some of them are too long for easy management, so it is a good thing that you can leave off the cables that you don't need.
The individual cable sets shown in the photo above are listed below, from top to bottom:
- 24" cable for main 24-pin ATX connector
- 28" cable for AUX12V 4-pin and 8-pin +12V EPS AUX connector
- 28" cable with motherboard header for PSU fan speed monitoring
- 3 x 30" fan only cables with a standard small 3-pin connector and a 4-pin Molex connector
- 2 x 23" cable for 6-pin PCIe connector
- 2 x 20" cable with a single 4-pin IDE drive connector
- 1 x 42" cable with three 4-pin IDE drive connectors and one floppy
- 2 x 36" cable with three SATA drive connectors
- 1 x 36" cable with two 4-pin IDE drive connectors and one floppy
- 24-pin to 20-pin ATX adapter plug
(not shown in photo)
|Help support this site, buy from one of our affiliate retailers!|