Viewing page 2 of 5 pages. Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
The exterior of the Corsair PSUs is not usual. The black/yellow (520) and black/red (620) color scheme is attractive.
Nothing out of the ordinary here.
other than the fan intake and backside exhaust grill.
A single 120mm fan draws air into the power supply from below, blows it across the heatsinks, then out the low-impedance back grill. A wire grill protects the fan while providing a low resistance
to the airflow.
Five connectors for SATA and ATA drive power connectors; two for PCIe 12V power.
(Do these connectors look familiar to you, by the way?)
The labels for the PSUs.
We know of course that Corsair is not the manufacturer, but the E307858 UL file number marked on the label does belong to Corsair. Opening the unit up should tell us who actually manufactures these PSUs.
The main output cables are sleeved; the rest are black plastic insulated. No color coding here.
There are a total of nine cable sets for the HX520W:
- 19" cable for main 20+4-pin ATX connector
- 19" cable for 4x12V EPS12V
- 19" cable for 2x12V AUX12V
- 2 x 21" cable for 6-pin PCIe connector
- 2 x 31" cable with three 4-pin IDE drive connectors
- 1 x 16" cable with two 4-pin IDE drive connectors
- 6" 4-pin IDE to two 12V only 4-pin IDE
connectors (meant for fans)
- 6" 4-pin IDE to two floppy drive power connectors
- 2 x 25" cables with two SATA drive connectors
The HX620W comes with two more 25" cables with two SATA drive connectors for a total of 11 detachable cables.
|Help support this site, buy the Corsair 620HX power supply from one of our affiliate retailers!|