Viewing page 2 of 7 pages. Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
The CP-850 is naturally bigger than most other power supplies. Specifically, it is much taller, 4.7" instead of the usual <3.5". The reason fo the extra height is the 120x25mm fan, which is actually mounted on the outside of the unit, presumably to save on space inside.
The externally mounted 120mm diamater in-blowing fan dictates the height of the CP-850, which is about 1.2" taller than standard ATX12V PSU form factor. Both detachable and attached cables are sleeved, but they are not sleeved all the way into the PSU, which leaves a bit of an untidy visible jumble. There are only four connectors for detachable cables against seven permanently attached cables; it seems more "hardwired" than "modular".
The side which faces outward is nicely open hex-mesh grill with a couple of supporting ribs in the middle. There are no vents other than the exhaust mesh. Two PCBs are visible through the exhaust mesh, one at the top and one at the bottom: This is the "Dual PCB layout" reference made by Antec.
The label provide lots of information. The CP-850 has four separate current-limited 12VDC output lines. One can only presume a reasonable distribution of these lines to the various 12V outputs.
The CP-850 comes with many output cables.
Some cables are ~3' long.
Permanently wired, sleeved:
- 1 - 24" cable w/ ATX 20+4-pin motherboard connector
- 1 - 24" cable w/ AUX12V 4-pin connector
- 1 - 24" cable w/ EPS12V 8-pin connector
- 2 - 18" cable w/ PCIe 12V 6+2-pin connector
- 1 - 36" cable w/ 3x SATA connectors
- 1 - 36" cable w/ 3x 4-pin Molex and 1x floppy connector
- 2 - 18" cable w/ 6-pin PCI-Express connector
- 2 - 36" cable w/ 3x SATA connectors
- 2 - 36" cable w/ 3x 4-pin Molex connectors
|Help support this site, buy the Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX Power Supply Unit from one of our affiliate retailers!|