Antec P-160 Front Fan

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bistro

Antec P-160 Front Fan

Post by Bistro » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:46 am

Just got the case and I noticed that while Antec provided for silent running with the rear fan, there appears to be no room for rubber fan mounts in the front fan casing (won't slide in as far as I can tell). Weird. I would like to put a 120mm blue LED fan there...3-pin, hooked into a fan controller. I can control some of the noise with the controller, but it would be nice to use some kind of silencing for the fan. Anybody got any ideas? TIA!

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:26 pm

Yes, that's certainly true and one of the puzzling things about this case. Antec went to the trouble to provide a decoupled rear fan but designed the front fan to bolt right onto a flimsy, vibrating plate of aluminum.

If you look closely at the pics in my review, you can see that I removed the tray entirely and mounted a 92mm L1A right onto the existing fan grills using EAR fan mounts. You could do the same thing with a 120mm fan except that you'd need to drill four 3/16" holes to use to mount it.

Oh, BTW - WELCOME TO SPCR!!!

Bistro

Post by Bistro » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:28 pm

Thanks, Ralf! Glad to have found this site!

Where can I pick up those E.A.R. mounts? My credit card is whining....

That's a GREAT review, BTW....

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:31 pm

Bistro wrote:Thanks, Ralf! Glad to have found this site!

Where can I pick up those E.A.R. mounts? My credit card is whining....

That's a GREAT review, BTW....
Search the forums for "EAR mounts" or "elastomer" and you'll find the details. Here in the US you can get them from McMaster-Carr.