musician's HD.. with suspension

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sherbet012

musician's HD.. with suspension

Post by sherbet012 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:44 am

hello. i'm back. :D
remember what i said about the seeking noise is worse than any other noise for recording sessions?

i just installed the NoVibe on my Seagate 7200.7..
the result is..

not bad.
but not perfectly quiet. seeking noise is still audible. it still bothers me a bit, but at least it lowerd seeking noise, and i think i can gate the noise that my DAW records..

maybe cuz i didn't used the 'damping'.
i thought about it, but after touching my 7002.7, i don't think drive is cool enough to put more heat on it..

my second guess is that my case is not built for low-noise. i invested everything for low or no noise except the case; which now i regret.

i guess i'll upgrade my case next time and see how it goes.

PS : oh and about the case.. how's the Lian Li's PC-6070 or PC-73SL? looks sweet! 8)

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Re: musician's HD.. with suspension

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:23 am

sherbet012 wrote: PS : oh and about the case.. how's the Lian Li's PC-6070 or PC-73SL? looks sweet! 8)
Use the search, they've been discussed a bunch here at SPCR. You'll find that they have quite poor front ventilation. Modding will be required.

benx

Post by benx » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:45 am

My brother has build a Musci recording PC amd 3800 blablabla with all low noise components. But its stil audioable on the recordings. The solution was simple: He bought extend cables for mouse keyboard and monitor. Because longer cables bring the problem of singal loss we put a SKW switch between the cables to amplifie the singlas. We put the pc in a big cupboard, and the problem of the noise on recording was history