When [your] computer is too [quiet]...

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mirar

Post by Mirar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:18 am

...is when an electrician visits, and yanks the main power from under the computer, he believed was turned off... (Then I bought an UPS.)

kater

Post by kater » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:45 am

I'm now finishing to redecorate my new flat and I'll be moving there shortly. From what I've already learned when I spent some time there doing various jobs like painting, putting floor boards, etc., this is going to be one hell of a noisy place. Neighbours downstairs yell. Mostly at each other. People opposite me have several kids. Somebody upstairs is a beginner saxophonist. Or some windinstrumentist. Plays octaves so far. There are several dogs around. And lots of noise from nearby streets. I'm now living in a single room in a house in the suburbs, courtesy of my family. Before that, I lived in another apartment but I've already forgotten that neighbors can be such PITA. Now I know I'll be somebody's neighbor but I have nobody to scream at, I have no pets and I don't enjoy loud music at home. I have a feeling my rig will now become much quieter. Effectively silent. Somehow, it's hard for me to enjoy this feeling...

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:29 am

Dude, you have my symptahy. But what you just described, your computer may effectively become inaudiable in that environment...