It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:18 am 

...is when an electrician visits, and yanks the main power from under the computer, he believed was turned off... (Then I bought an UPS.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:45 am 

I'm now finishing to redecorate my new flat and I'll be moving there shortly. From what I've already learned when I spent some time there doing various jobs like painting, putting floor boards, etc., this is going to be one hell of a noisy place. Neighbours downstairs yell. Mostly at each other. People opposite me have several kids. Somebody upstairs is a beginner saxophonist. Or some windinstrumentist. Plays octaves so far. There are several dogs around. And lots of noise from nearby streets. I'm now living in a single room in a house in the suburbs, courtesy of my family. Before that, I lived in another apartment but I've already forgotten that neighbors can be such PITA. Now I know I'll be somebody's neighbor but I have nobody to scream at, I have no pets and I don't enjoy loud music at home. I have a feeling my rig will now become much quieter. Effectively silent. Somehow, it's hard for me to enjoy this feeling...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:29 am 

Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears
Dude, you have my symptahy. But what you just described, your computer may effectively become inaudiable in that environment...