Speedfan not remembering fan speeds

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

simmy2

Speedfan not remembering fan speeds

Post by simmy2 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:52 am

How do I make Speedfan remember the fan speeds I set on the main menu? If I open, set fan speed, close then re-open Speedfan, the RPM will be remembered.
If I restart my PC (and have SF on startup) then the fan will go back to 100%. I don't want auto speed control, just for the fan to run at 70% all the time.

Thanks

zorrt

Post by zorrt » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Auto speed control. Just set the min and max @ 70%. And set the min preferred temp to whatever you want, and set the max temp to something sensible. It will crank up to 100% once ur max temp is ever reached but thats not a bad thing anyways.

dhanson865

Post by dhanson865 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Click on Configure - Go to the Speeds tab - Select a Fan by clicking once on it - Change the minimum and maximum speeds at the bottom of the tab (you can set both to 70% if you like). Select the next fan and change the min and max, continue as needed then click OK

If the automatically variated checks are off on either the main screen or the speeds tab the fan speed will not be controlled by speedfan.

If you decide you do want varying fan speeds take a look at this thread for more settings you may need to consider. viewtopic.php?t=42526