I have now tried both the Logitech UltraX and Illuminated. I have put my feeling on the Illuminated in thread with its name
. Here is my take on the UltraX:
- Decent keystrokes, not spectacular, but much better than normal desktop keyboards. (The Illuminated keyboard's keystrokes are much softer and quieter than this one.)
- Standard keyboard layout. (Shouldn't one take it for granted? But apparently not.)
- Metal surface gets chilly in the cold weather. (A contributor to RSI.)
- No wrist pad/palm rest, but I could fix it by going out and buying one.
- The keys are a little bit slippery, not the best of materials.
- The keyboard is a bit flimsy. Hitting the keys bends the keyboard slightly and the bounce-back hits you as you type the next key, if you are typing fast enough. Contributor to noise as well as finger strain.
All in all, I find it to be a cheap keyboard, definitely worth the money it costs and perhaps more. But I don't find it good enough to keep me company for 10 hours a day.