friendly user manual of SpectraPlus

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

garacs1

friendly user manual of SpectraPlus

Post by garacs1 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Hello everyone, and especially MikeC

I just downloaded the demo version of SpectraPlus which is I believe the software MikeC uses for his reviews on silent components, and was willing to take a try and with unprofessional instruments (my PC and a normal mic attached to it) to do some sound recordings, just to "learn" how to use it.

I know there is a manual, and I downloaded it and read it, but in the end, I still have some problems in understanding exactly what to expect from the software and eventually how to configure it so to have the data I need, and only that.

Can MikeC or anyone else be so kind to post some basic instructions on how to make the software work so to get graphs just as the ones I see on the reviews? I don't need precision, my mic is way off from being a professional mic. I just want to learn.

Any reply would be appreciated.

garacs1

Post by garacs1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:35 pm

UP

I know I am new, but having 90+ reads and not even an answer... What I need is only basic instructions on how to show a graph-style image just like MikeC does when comparing his ambient noise to a product's, like this one:

taken from the Single Moving Part PC in Silverstone TJ08 article.

I'd also like to know how to figure out the decibel output from a given graph.

Anyone?

Telstar

Post by Telstar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:31 am

It's not that difficult. You can take the first measurement, then select the ticker on the first, do a second measurement to compare and click on the second ticker. You can see up to 8 graphs at the same time, plus the one u are measuring (in yellow).
I use the black background.

SpectraPLUS is very much customizable.

An alternative easier for SPL but without comparison is trueRTA.
SpectraPLUS is my favourite program btw.

garacs1

Post by garacs1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:12 am

Telstar wrote:It's not that difficult. You can take the first measurement, then select the ticker on the first, do a second measurement to compare and click on the second ticker. You can see up to 8 graphs at the same time, plus the one u are measuring (in yellow).
I use the black background.

SpectraPLUS is very much customizable.

An alternative easier for SPL but without comparison is trueRTA.
SpectraPLUS is my favourite program btw.

Thanks for the reply, Telstar. Sory for not coming back to you in a short time, but work and reallife sometimes take my attention more than I would like to.

Anyway, I'll try to follow your advise, and will look to make a graph as similar as MikeC's.

Btw, even if a little bit late, Buon Ferragosto ;)

Garacs1