Another SPCR recommended list: Cases

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
wayner
Friend of SPCR

Re: Another SPCR recommended list: Cases

Post by wayner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:45 am

How many of the cases now have USB Type C connectors on the front? That is something that I am certainly going to want as I am hoping that it will become the new standard very quickly. Oh the joy of never having to endlessly turn around a USB connector.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:35 am

wayner wrote:How many of the cases now have USB Type C connectors on the front? That is something that I am certainly going to want as I am hoping that it will become the new standard very quickly. Oh the joy of never having to endlessly turn around a USB connector.
I haven't seen a "desktop" case yet with Type C on the front for sale, yet. A couple were previewed at Computex. Silverstone TJ08-Pro, for one.

wayner
Friend of SPCR

Post by wayner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:51 am

Here's a story from two months ago that says that we won't see Type C or USB 3.1 on front panels of cases until 2016:
http://www.legitreviews.com/front-panel ... way_163145

ginahoy

Post by ginahoy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:08 pm

I was just re-reading the Case Basics article or the first time in 8 years (http://www.silentpcreview.com/article75-page2.html) and noticed this:

it is routine now to load the Operating System to an SSD, and use a large quiet SSD for storage. Better yet is a large capacity SSD for storage, but this is still a pricey proposition.

Not sure when that paragraph was written, but shouldn't that be 'large quiet HDD for storage'?