Antec P182SE Advanced Super Midtower Case: P180 v.2

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Meowbay wrote:
Meowbay wrote:
MikeC wrote:On the other hand, if you still prefer going horizontal, it's easy to use clothing elastic to suspend 3 HDDs n the bottom cage. Someone did it and posted pics in the forums recently.
Do you have a link to that thread also? I can't find it.
Well obviously, no response here.. and what "clothing elastic" would that be? How much extra time does it take to mount them like that?
Just look around in the storage section of the main site and in the forums. This info is all over the place here, it's no secret.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:55 pm

After so many years of absence, hello there again :)

I just popped back in to say a big "thank you" to Mike. Having managed to fight my way to the last Antec 3700 in the country so many years ago, i've been happily & quietly computing away....till i had to replace with a more powerful system.

Finally somebody woke up & started importing Antec cases again. And i managed to grab myself a P182.

I've always used premium stuff in my computers. I'm used to good quality parts. Never have i been so impressed with the quality of a piece as the P182. Workmanship, design, overall end-result. I'll go far & call it legendary. Thanks for the input in the design.

btw, Zalman seems to have stolen the design idea & producing some interesting cases (the GS1000). I was really tempted to go for those as they have a few better ideas but the P182 looks way cooler :D

Now if i can only get this ....... graphics card quiet....

PS: Hmm, i'm more than half-a-year late but i suppose my hard drive suspension would qualify as one of the solutions Mike was referring to. Though our friend with horizontal-fixation might go nuts on "incorrect" orientation. (Those disks have been in operation for nearly 4 years, most of it 24/7 and they still havent shown the slightest problem)

rbroberts

Heatsink height?

Post by rbroberts » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:17 pm

I've been bitten before with interior case space for tall heatsinks and am wondering how much space is there. Will, for example, a Thermaltake Ultra-120 fit in there? Anyone have a measurement in millimeters?

shleepy
Friend of SPCR

Re: Heatsink height?

Post by shleepy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:21 pm

rbroberts wrote:I've been bitten before with interior case space for tall heatsinks and am wondering how much space is there. Will, for example, a Thermaltake Ultra-120 fit in there? Anyone have a measurement in millimeters?
I have an Ultra-120 Extreme in my Antec P182... so yes.

danibw0i

Big PSUs and the P182

Post by danibw0i » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Hey, was just wondering, if i remove the middle fan in the bottom chamber, can i then fit in a "Corsair HX1000 PSU" in the Antec P182?
Been checking around but i cant find any spesific measure onnit or any tests in which they use a big PSU.

Building a new comp atm and this chassis seems perfect for me, would suck if i cant use it due to the size of the PSU :cry:

The Zalman GS1000 is very similar and it has room for a big psu but it has other flaws i dont really want.

MikeC
Site Admin

Re: Big PSUs and the P182

Post by MikeC » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:29 pm

danibw0i wrote:Hey, was just wondering, if i remove the middle fan in the bottom chamber, can i then fit in a "Corsair HX1000 PSU" in the Antec P182?
Been checking around but i cant find any spesific measure onnit or any tests in which they use a big PSU.

Building a new comp atm and this chassis seems perfect for me, would suck if i cant use it due to the size of the PSU :cry:

The Zalman GS1000 is very similar and it has room for a big psu but it has other flaws i dont really want.
Yes.

Also, the new P183 moves the fan to the front.

Monkeh16

Re: Big PSUs and the P182

Post by Monkeh16 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 am

MikeC wrote:Also, the new P183 moves the fan to the front.
Not that it takes a huge amount of work to fit one to the front in the P182.