Samsung SyncMaster 931BW

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
Longbow

Post by Longbow » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:11 pm

:evil: update: i'm considering returning/selling it for the huming sound. it's getting really annoying in the last few weekend when i got to sit down in a quiet room. the huming sounds is above everything else, and when i turn off the monitor, i feel so much relieved.

i've tried different bright settings, color settings, signal inputs, they don't seem to affect the noise. the noise mostly likely comes from the power converter, or backlight.

i'm not sure if this is a particular case like early patch of gigabyte silent pipe 3 cards, or it's common with all 931BW screens. it may not be an issue for ppl with less sensitive hearing, or in a noisy room, but if you bother to read this forum, chances are you will find it annoying too.

protellect

Post by protellect » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:52 am

JazzJackRabbit wrote:BTW, I don't know if it's the same for 931BW, but my dad owns 926BW and it is fvsking annoying. First, when monitor goes into standby when you turn off your computer, the power led starts blinking every second. This in itself is super annoying. Why Samsung couldn't just install dual color led and turn it red or yellow to indicate monitor is in standby, why do they insist on bling blinking? Second, I think half of the power consumed by the monitor must be going to light the power led. It is so bright that in the night it illuminates half the room (I'm not kidding here, think sunbeam rheobus blue leds kind of brightness). It's not so bad during the day, but if you intend to put it in the same room you're sleeping, be prepared to manually push power button on your monitor every night.
My 244t does the same thing, and it BUZZES [very quietly, but with a dead silent room and no tv on, you can hear it]. Buzz. Buzz. buzz. Buzz.

:(

It makes me wonder if other samsung panels do that too. Thats plenty of reason not to buy one.

Longbow

Post by Longbow » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:09 pm

Longbow wrote:
Longbow wrote:ok the huming sound of 931BW seems coming from the backlight
the humming sound from the backlight or built-in power supply has became a struggling for me, it's very obvious in a very quiet room. it's noisier than my computer for sure.

anyone who bother to read this forum would find it annoying. all your effort on silence your computer could be destroyed by the monitor.

i'm not sure if this is an individual case but the review did mentioned the humming sound. if you buying any LCD monitor, it's better to check them in the shop, both the display quality, and any noise coming out of it...
update:
viewtopic.php?p=367952#367952

the humming sound is gone when bright lvl set to 85% ot higher (dvi)