DFI LanParty JR 790GX-M3H5 mATX Motherboard

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
loimlo

Post by loimlo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:00 am

Though off-topic, I'd like to say that AMD has embeded a censor in the SB7x0 series southbridge. SB7x0's temperature monitoring mechanism today are simply implemented and refered to case/mb temp by most manufacturers. All in all, it's not a DFI's exclusive feature -- it's widespread on most AMD AM2+/AM3 boards.

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Shamgar wrote:A mATX performance board aimed at gamers is still mostly a strange idea.
I think it's a great idea! mATX is what I'd chose for a gaming computer to haul around to friends and LAN parties.
Noisy environment and all headset use makes computer noise a non issue.

Cheers
Olle

Shamgar

Post by Shamgar » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am

Olle P wrote:
Shamgar wrote:A mATX performance board aimed at gamers is still mostly a strange idea.
I think it's a great idea! mATX is what I'd chose for a gaming computer to haul around to friends and LAN parties.
Noisy environment and all headset use makes computer noise a non issue.

Cheers
Olle
If good mATX boards weren't so compromised and expensive, I would opt for a mATX setup straight away. I started off with mATX systems, then I got sick of the cheap boards dying on me as well as the cramped, pathetic, cheap small cases.
Things have improved since then, so I look forward to downsizing in the future. But right now, I am content with ATX systems. Dedicated graphics, a larger board and case gives me less grief.