Lenovo IdeaCentre Q110: Tiny ION Nettop

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
MikeC
Site Admin

Lenovo IdeaCentre Q110: Tiny ION Nettop

Post by MikeC » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 pm

AlexNC

Post by AlexNC » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:51 pm

I would like to see this reviewed again, but with Windows 7 and the new Flash beta drivers that support GPU acceleration. I would also like to see some comments about the Media Center's performance ... menu navigaion smoothness, external USB tuner performance (HD DVR), etc ...

colm

Post by colm » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 pm

attempting to move too much in a tiny package...
h.264 and mpeg2 etc, they are what..18mbit tops?
it seems the hardware needs to be exactly made for exact operating system. Like transistors for menus, transistors for bars, ... it seems silly to go that far and know that it isn't correct. A full vga handles windows vista today, like xp, and 2k did. Heck I am pushing xp around with an old celeron at 66mhz fsb.

I'd like to see a future version.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:16 pm

When will consumers "just say no!" to the annoyingly bright LEDs!? At night my damn house looks like a used car lot during x-mas holiday.

baldheadeddork

Post by baldheadeddork » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:44 pm

I'd love to go with an Ion nettop for my wife's next computer, but I won't even consider it without an Atom 330 dual-core. The only one I've come across so far is the new Acer Revo, but they seem to be as rare as ATI Cypress video cards.

starbird80

Post by starbird80 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:04 pm

baldheadeddork wrote:I'd love to go with an Ion nettop for my wife's next computer, but I won't even consider it without an Atom 330 dual-core. The only one I've come across so far is the new Acer Revo, but they seem to be as rare as ATI Cypress video cards.
I was going to chime in that they were available at newegg, but I see they're now backordered.

The single-core Revo has been getting positive mentions on the mythtv user list lately, using VDPAU with the ION graphics to display HD video. (For those not familiar, mythtv is an open-source, Linux-based PVR suite.)

Any chance of seeing a review of either/both versions of the Revo?

Noli

CULV Nettops - When!?!?

Post by Noli » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:40 pm

I really love the idea of these nettops but from everything I've read, even with Ion or dual core or more RAM or Win 7, they just aren't quite fast enough to do anything but the *most* basic of stuff.

If when someone can stuff an Intel CULV proc in one, even if it has to be a bit bigger, I think they will really rock - be absolutely perfect for my folks etc.

If anybody knows if such a thing exists already, please feel free to post a link!