Lenovo ThinkCentre M90p USFF PC

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

Lenovo ThinkCentre M90p USFF PC

Post by Lawrence Lee » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm

mll

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M90p USFF PC (TOWER?)

Post by mll » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 pm

I am looking at the Tower version of the M90p, as I have liked the service and reliability of Lenovo, (@$600 as a student) and wonder if:

. 1) Anyone has thoughts as to its quietness. As I read the review said its small version was moderately quiet, but not very quiet, but I don't mind having a larger box if it will be much quieter?

. 2) It uses the Intel integrated graphics. As I read it this is OK for Flash, Large screens, but will probably poop out when doing high load Games? -- The questions that I want to have answered are:

. . 2.1) Can the integrated graphics support 2 screens for standard WEB browsing and displaying Flash, Hulu, NetFlix... on one, or will I need to purchase an additional card even for this moderate load?

. . 2.2) Does anyone know if there are the right slots, sufficient power supply, etc.... so that if/when I do upgrade to a Graphics card it can be supported?

. 3) I am offered an upgrade to windows 64 bit for $35.00. I expect to use 3 GB for a while, but as time passes will probably need more memory and need to upgrade to OS also. For standard use is there any reason why I should stay with the 35 bit version now?

Any other thoughts and suggestions.

THANKS