New reviews about interesting hardware

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
robnas

New reviews about interesting hardware

Post by robnas » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:54 am

The last time (4 months) I only see reviews about stuff I don't care about.
When I make a list:

Cases: 9/30 (way too much)
complete systems: 3/30
Miscellaneous devices: 8/30 (too much)
sound-producing devices: 7/30 (not enough, please no cheap watercooling or GPU without aftermarket cooling)
Info-articles: 3/30 (ok).

Cases can isolate sound (good), but with that, isolating heat (bad). It's not a real solution, it's changing problems.

Miscellaneous devices: too much. I think it should be about 4/30 or 5/30. It's should by more of less of a luxury, or an extra.
Complete systems: it's a no-go I think. Most people coming here wants to build their own system, and the systems are not really quiet. Only the Puget system was silent (but there's rom for better). I could build the setup for approx $2200, I guess. And because I live in Europe, there's ~20% tax on products. Take your conclusion, I already took mine.

At this moment, about two thirds of the articles I really don't care about. It's not about silence. I hope the website goes back to basics. Does anyone share this opinion?

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: New reviews about interesting hardware

Post by xan_user » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 am

Personally I enjoy seeing other items reviewed here. I can only take so many PSU, heatsink and fan articles...

robnas

Post by robnas » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:44 pm

xan_user wrote:Personally I enjoy seeing other items reviewed here. I can only take so many PSU, heatsink and fan articles...
What do you mean by you can only take so many articles? You think there are enough of them on SPCR?

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:57 pm

robnas wrote:
xan_user wrote:Personally I enjoy seeing other items reviewed here. I can only take so many PSU, heatsink and fan articles...
What do you mean by you can only take so many articles? You think there are enough of them on SPCR?
I guess I just like the new mix of the articles as opposed to strictly nuts and bolts reviews of only PC hardware. i enjoy the reviews on set top boxes, audio/video equipment, complete systems, general green tech, laptops ect. shoot, id love to see a SPCR vacuum cleaner round up! (my current model sounds like a jet engine, and completely fails to suck.)
and Id also love to see game systems put in the SPCR lab chamber and put head to head noise and power wise.(xbox, sony, nintendo, ouya ect.)