Logic Supply LGX AG150 Fanless Mini PC

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
HFat

Re: Logic Supply LGX AG150 Fanless Mini PC

Post by HFat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 am

Yeah, you can obviously use a much cheaper case if vents are allowed, ambients temperature is not excessive and so forth.
But if you want cheap, you may want to use a cheaper board.
tramall wrote:Do not forget that this board is not meant for cpu heavy use . No one will ever use it for decoding , rendering , SETI etc.
Of course people will load that CPU!
It's a great CPU for distributed computing actually. You seem to forget that distributed computing makes most sense when it's not run on dedicated boxes. I run distributed computing on low-power CPUs without fans. If you've got a headless box with an efficient CPU which spends most of its cycles waiting for users to connect, please consider doing so as well.

HFat

Re: Logic Supply LGX AG150 Fanless Mini PC

Post by HFat » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:09 am

HFat wrote:But maybe someone can tell if the N2800 reports plausible temperatures when it's cold. If it reports a temperature below or close to ambient...
Mine reports plausible temps. The temperature one of the cores reports is a little low but still plausible.
And I've seen 33C of difference between almost-cold and CPU load with the stock heatsink in the recommended position. I could probably get a bit more than that.

So I'm inclined to believe the core temperatures in SPCR's review aren't some kind of artifact. With a dinky and badly secured heatsink which is probably sitting on way too much thermal paste, I'm getting OK temps. It's not a surprise that Logicsupply's solution does much better.