Nanoxia Deep Silence 1

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

Nanoxia Deep Silence 1

Post by Lawrence Lee » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1

Post by Das_Saunamies » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks for the review, I was actually quite curious about this particular case.

More selection and variety in designs is always good, even if a sample's performance is just "okay", as SPCR's "okay" is a go-ahead to buy for me, unlike in more general reviews. Personally, I wouldn't use most of the features that are this case's selling point(s), so the choice would boil down to aesthetics and how demanding the components would be. I like the attention to detail in dustproofing and practicality the most, I think, especially the hinged top ports.

Will be waiting to see what a Deep Silence 2013 Enhanced Edition can do. 8)

Olaf van der Spek

Post by Olaf van der Spek » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 am

A test with all drive cages removed would've been interesting.

I'd love to see a low-depth mATX variant of this case (without the drive cages).

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:59 pm

This case has a lot in common with the Define lineup from Fractal Design, it would be interesting to see how this case performs with one of the front fans relocated to the side panel, the same way as the Define R2 was tested. That might be the single factor that differentiates these two cases from each other performance wise.

Das_Saunamies wrote:Will be waiting to see what a Deep Silence 2013 Enhanced Edition can do. 8)
Two weeks ago they announced the Deep Silence 2. Not much of an improvement though, quite the opposite IMO.

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:33 am

Yeah, I noticed the "2", but to me it just looks like the budget version with all the nifty stuff I liked removed. What's more, it's remarkably similar to the Fractal Design Define cases, whereas the "1" reminds me of Corsair Obsidian cases. In a sense it's strange, since it's the same basic shape, but still.

PS. At least the static drive cage in the "2" looks to be better ventilated than the movable cages in "1".

Luke M

Post by Luke M » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 am

The "2" is shorter and deeper. It supports E-ATX motherboards.

mascotzel

Post by mascotzel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Tephras wrote: Two weeks ago they announced the Deep Silence 2. Not much of an improvement though, quite the opposite IMO.
It's actually a bit longer time, November 19
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/news/Nan ... -Case/6945
And I think I noticed it on their website before that, when I started seeing Deep Silence 1 reviews.

I have the case for about 2 weeks, because Define R4 hasn't launched on my market yet,P280 has a few more holes and 550D is too expensive.
I'm pleased with the case,the space is nice, the fan controller too.

I found the hdd cages to not be solid enough ( the trays don't fit well enough, haven't tried matching different trays),and a bit too restrictive for the front fans airflow. There's also some vibrations from my Samsung F4 320, and too tight of a space to suspend it.
Also the fans are not very noisy, but their airflow is quite weak too.

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Luke M wrote:The "2" is shorter and deeper. It supports E-ATX motherboards.
I see, thanks for pointing that out - I lost interest after just seeing the pictures. :D

JJ

Post by JJ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 pm

I agree with Das... this case is remarkably similar to the Fractal Design Define R4.