Corsair Carbide 500R Performance Mid-Tower

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

Corsair Carbide 500R Performance Mid-Tower

Post by Lawrence Lee » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:00 pm

NeilBlanchard

Re: Corsair Carbide 500R Performance Mid-Tower

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat May 02, 2015 6:25 am

So, it is close but no cigar? I am catching back up a bit with cases, and it seems that other than the sizes getting a bit larger, the choices are fairly broad when you are looking for features like bottom power supply and good air flow. Cable management is leaps and bounds better than it was, and build quality also tends to be better.

An interesting case my son just transplanted his system into is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series. He got the one with the window, which also comes with a PSU "tunnel". It has a 200mm front fan. It lowers the noise level from the (ancient?) Evercase 4252 it was in. Remember Evercase? :o

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Sat May 02, 2015 6:48 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:An interesting case my son just transplanted his system into is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series. He got the one with the window, which also comes with a PSU "tunnel". It has a 200mm front fan. It lowers the noise level from the (ancient?) Evercase 4252 it was in. Remember Evercase? :o
Evercase -- I do, Neil, but then I did the original reviews, iirc. A long time ago! :roll: :lol:

I used one of those Enthoo cases for the watercooled gaming PC build guide. Your son will be interested in my ctritiques, esp of thd grills. That front fan isn't exactly silent either...
http://www.silentpcreview.com/Quiet_Liq ... uild_Guide

Joxx

Post by Joxx » Sun May 03, 2015 9:47 am

Demciflex has a set of filters for this case. The side one is a must, otherwise that fan will be a dust magnet. It should reduce noise a bit too. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprod ... iliate/tag

The 200mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro will fit the screw holes on the side mesh. http://www.overclock.net/t/1119694/offi ... -club/1550

Silent but deadly

Post by Silent but deadly » Mon May 04, 2015 9:08 am

The drive trays support both 2.5 and 3.5 inch drives, are made of flexible plastic, and fit rather loosely when snapped into place. The guides at the top and bottom of the cage don't provide a great fit either so the cage can be wiggled slightly side to side with little effort.
I briefly got to use a Corsair 900D, which was and still is Corsair's flagship case and you could say the exact same thing. Is it really that difficult to make drive trays that fit snugly into their bays?

SGCSG1

Post by SGCSG1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:48 pm

I've had a system in this case for three years now.

Love it to death. No problems with fan noise and it runs cool and quiet.

If I built another rig now I can't think of any other case I'd prefer to this one.