SPCR
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/

Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scythe
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=66218
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Lawrence Lee [ Mon May 27, 2013 9:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scythe

http://www.silentpcreview.com/140mm_Fan_Roundup2/

Author:  yakuman [ Wed May 29, 2013 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

On the conclusion page there's an error:
Antec TrueQuiet 140
— 550 RPM (11 [email protected])
— 700 RPM (13~14 [email protected])
— 750 RPM (17~18 [email protected]) ---> supposed to be 15

Also broken links to the MP3 files for Antec TwoCool 140 and Scythe Kaze Maru 2 (missing "3" in the URLs).

Author:  Lawrence Lee [ Wed May 29, 2013 10:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

yakuman wrote:
On the conclusion page there's an error:
Antec TrueQuiet 140
— 550 RPM (11 [email protected])
— 700 RPM (13~14 [email protected])
— 750 RPM (17~18 [email protected]) ---> supposed to be 15

Also broken links to the MP3 files for Antec TwoCool 140 and Scythe Kaze Maru 2 (missing "3" in the URLs).


Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Author:  Abula [ Wed May 29, 2013 3:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Thanks for the second 140mm roundup, interesting that antec fans seem to be the best in this roundup,

Would be interesting to see how Noiseblockers PK-1 and PK-2 + Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm Fan fair vs the TrueQuiet, PH-F140, or NF-P14.

I liked a lot the range on the Antec Truequiet displayed on the review, being able to drop it to 200rpm and dont need anything above 800rpm... its really nice for future fanXpert2 setup =), besides the antecs aren't as expensive most of the noctuas, noiseblockers, Phanteks.

Image

Author:  CA_Steve [ Wed May 29, 2013 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Gotta love when an $11 fan tops the chart.

Thanks for the roundup!

Author:  BD Hopkins [ Wed May 29, 2013 8:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Quote:
Thanks for the second 140mm roundup

Quote:
Gotta love when an $11 fan tops the chart.


++ Although with shipping, I can't find it for less than $13. Amazon has it at $12.17, but to get free shipping on it you must spend more than $25. But at least it's available, unlike the Phanteks.

Even so, whatever you test in the future is gonna haveta be significantly ahead in performance to compete with a fan so cheap.

Author:  Abula [ Wed May 29, 2013 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

BD Hopkins wrote:
++ Although with shipping, I can't find it for less than $13. Amazon has it at $12.17, but to get free shipping on it you must spend more than $25. But at least it's available, unlike the Phanteks.

Even so, whatever you test in the future is gonna haveta be significantly ahead in performance to compete with a fan so cheap.
Well depends, prime members dont have to furfill the $25 minimum, free 2 day shipping =)

Author:  Jens Lyn IV [ Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Why was the Kaze Maru not tested at ~550 RPM? I have a pair of them on a Noctua NH-C14 and recognise the tonality and the high-speed humming. I can't comment on the buzzing, it's possible my FD Define Mini hides it. Certainly, they're not brilliant-sounding fans, but in my system they do blend in at minimum speed.

I'd love to see the Glide Stream series tested, the 140 mm version looks a less half-arsed design than these.

Author:  Olaf van der Spek [ Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Why does the Noctua NF-A15 PWM get a win for 18 °C rise at 20 dbA SPL when the Corsair AF140 Quiet can do it for just 17 dbA?

Author:  yakuman [ Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Because the chart doesn't cross compare the fans that way. The green numbers represent the first place winner at each of the dBA levels.
As for why the Noctua NF-A15 PWM is above the Corsair AF140 Quiet in terms of positioning, I suppose it's because at their lowest 12dBA level the former is 23°C vs 25°C. As noted the rankings are loosely represented in the chart - there are times when the numbers aren't clear cut and subjective impressions such as noise profiles are factored in.

Author:  Koldun [ Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Another great review, thanks guys.

Phanteks seem like the best choice, but we can't even get the heatsinks here lol. Truequiets of the 140mm variety also seem like a solid choice.

Author:  Olaf van der Spek [ Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

yakuman wrote:
Because the chart doesn't cross compare the fans that way. The green numbers represent the first place winner at each of the dBA levels.

I think that's doing it the wrong way around. You should be looking at quietest fan at a certain temperature level.

Author:  Jordan [ Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Thanks so much for these tests :)

Was this the final part, just checking before I got out and buy a Phanteks PH-F140TS :D

Author:  yakuman [ Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Olaf van der Spek wrote:
yakuman wrote:
Because the chart doesn't cross compare the fans that way. The green numbers represent the first place winner at each of the dBA levels.

I think that's doing it the wrong way around. You should be looking at quietest fan at a certain temperature level.

Remember that this is SPCR and therefore the focus should be and is noise level over other measurements. This applies to other reviews. Take a look at one of the case reviews. Cases with the lowest noise level are ranked higher in the comparison charts, regardless of temperature levels. You'd have to ask the editors to revisit all of their articles if you want to change it now!

Author:  yakuman [ Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Jordan wrote:
Was this the final part, just checking before I got out and buy a Phanteks PH-F140TS :D

You might want to investigate that first because the real Phanteks PH-F140TS may not be available in retail yet, at least not the standalone fan. Check out oldabelincoln's post in the other thread viewtopic.php?f=22&t=66204.

Author:  MikeC [ Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Jordan wrote:
Thanks so much for these tests :)

Was this the final part, just checking before I got out and buy a Phanteks PH-F140TS :D

The final part? of 140mm fan testing?

Well, for now, but fans trickle in from many sources and when we have enough of them, we do these roundups. So my answer is, you won't see any new fan tests for a month or 2 at least, but there will always be "mini-reviews" of fans that accompany any heatsinks or cases we review.

Author:  Jordan [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

MikeC wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Thanks so much for these tests :)

Was this the final part, just checking before I got out and buy a Phanteks PH-F140TS :D

The final part? of 140mm fan testing?

Well, for now, but fans trickle in from many sources and when we have enough of them, we do these roundups. So my answer is, you won't see any new fan tests for a month or 2 at least, but there will always be "mini-reviews" of fans that accompany any heatsinks or cases we review.


Thanks :)

Yeah, I was just asking if there was a Part 3 still to come or not

Author:  xan_user [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

thanks for the roundup!
hmm, all sleeve bearing fans... :cry: any idea how well the antec fairs in a horizontal config?

Author:  Olaf van der Spek [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

yakuman wrote:
Olaf van der Spek wrote:
yakuman wrote:
Because the chart doesn't cross compare the fans that way. The green numbers represent the first place winner at each of the dBA levels.

I think that's doing it the wrong way around. You should be looking at quietest fan at a certain temperature level.

Remember that this is SPCR and therefore the focus should be and is noise level over other measurements. This applies to other reviews. Take a look at one of the case reviews. Cases with the lowest noise level are ranked higher in the comparison charts, regardless of temperature levels. You'd have to ask the editors to revisit all of their articles if you want to change it now!

Quote:
Why does the Noctua NF-A15 PWM get a win for 18 °C rise at 20 dbA SPL when the Corsair AF140 Quiet can do it for just 17 dbA?

The Corsair has a lower SPL for the same temperature, so again, why does the Noctua get a win there?

Author:  Bose321 [ Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scy

Sorry to bump this, but which fans should I get for my Corsair 750D? I current have the default Corsair fans (are they the AF140's, or are those better?). I'm running all 3 off them on 7V, but now that I have replaced my HDD's with SSD's they're not that quiet anymore.

I've done some research and found these two roundups, but I'm not sure which fan to get. I'm either going for the Phanteks PH-F140HP (white ones), or the Antec TrueQuiet 140. They're both around the same price, and seem to behave around the same as well. Only con for the Antec for me is that it looks cheap and the ugly orange grommets don't fit in my color scheme.

Provided that I'll be running them at 7V, which fans should be best for me? The airflow is fine for me now with the Corsair fans, and I think these are even better, so my main concern is the sound. Would it be worth it at all?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/