It is currently Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 pm 
Offline
SPCR Reviewer

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:07 pm
Posts: 1074
Location: Vancouver
http://www.silentpcreview.com/NZXT_Kraken_X31_X41/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:19 pm 
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 1535
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Interesting, thank you for the review. Would be more interesting to test the X41 in combination with the G10 GPU adapter on a high end gfx card.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:26 pm
Posts: 12156
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tzupy wrote:
Interesting, thank you for the review. Would be more interesting to test the X41 in combination with the G10 GPU adapter on a high end gfx card.

Sample coming.

_________________
Mike Chin, SPCR Editor/Publisher
Support SPCR by buying your gear through this link: Amazon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:06 am
Posts: 2
maybe stupid question but : i have a cooler master silencio550 that have two hole for liquid cooling i can unplug the tubes to place the heat sink outside the case ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Princeton, US
Great review! And very interesting findings concerning the efficiency of X41.

I am also very much looking forward to the G10 testing, high end GPU cooling with water cooling should be very efficient.

I am also hoping for a review og Arctics newest solution, the The Accelero Hybrid II 120:
http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-hybrid-ii-120.html

It should efficiently fix the cooling problem of the RAM and voltage regulators!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 am 
Offline
Patron of SPCR

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:18 am
Posts: 1087
Location: UK
Quote:
maybe stupid question but : i have a cooler master silencio550 that have two hole for liquid cooling i can unplug the tubes to place the heat sink outside the case ?

Hi, no I would think not, as far as I know these are sealed units, the pipes do not disconnect. The radiator mounts inside the case. If you wish to mount a radiator outside the case you will have to build a water cooling system from parts.

Regards, Seb

_________________
i7 2600k under NH-C14 w/2xTY-147PWM fans, P8P67Deluxe, 8GB RAM, GTX560Ti OC w/TwinTurbo II and BIOS fanspeed mod. MX100 512GB & 2TB EARX in Scythe QuietDrive outside case. Antec Signature 650 fan swapped. CoolerMaster 201C with 2x92 + lower 92mm fan out rear, holes-in-floor and mesh top+front intakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:22 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Guatemala
Coolers from swiftech might be able to, since its not a fully sealed set up.

_________________
GameMiv2 >> MSI Z87-GD65 | Intel Core i7-4790K | Thermalright Silver Arrow IBE + 3x Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR3 1600 | 2x MSI GTX980Ti Gaming | ACER B326HK 32'' 4K IPS | Samsung 840pro 512GB | WD RED 3TB | Silverstone FT05 + 2x Silverstone AP182 | SeaSonic SS-860XP2
Other builds ---> ServeMi | CamMi | MiniMi | HTPCMi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:58 am 
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 am
Posts: 2083
Location: Northern California.
while the variable pump is a great idea, id like to see the pump be on, or even inside, the radiator. that way, suspending, or soft-mounting the radiator unit would isolate the pump and fan vibration from the case and mobo. :wink:

_________________
Help SPCR keep the lights on, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:22 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Guatemala
xan_user wrote:
while the variable pump is a great idea, id like to see the pump be on, or even inside, the radiator. that way, suspending, or soft-mounting the radiator unit would isolate the pump and fan vibration from the case and mobo. :wink:
The new H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit, i believe has the pump on the rad or side of it, but i somewhat doubt soft mounting would help much.

_________________
GameMiv2 >> MSI Z87-GD65 | Intel Core i7-4790K | Thermalright Silver Arrow IBE + 3x Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR3 1600 | 2x MSI GTX980Ti Gaming | ACER B326HK 32'' 4K IPS | Samsung 840pro 512GB | WD RED 3TB | Silverstone FT05 + 2x Silverstone AP182 | SeaSonic SS-860XP2
Other builds ---> ServeMi | CamMi | MiniMi | HTPCMi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:26 pm
Posts: 12156
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Abula wrote:
xan_user wrote:
while the variable pump is a great idea, id like to see the pump be on, or even inside, the radiator. that way, suspending, or soft-mounting the radiator unit would isolate the pump and fan vibration from the case and mobo. :wink:
The new H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit, i believe has the pump on the rad or side of it, but i somewhat doubt soft mounting would help much.

Mostly it's motor noise & often the gurgling of air bubbles. Not sure how you could get rid of both entirely.

_________________
Mike Chin, SPCR Editor/Publisher
Support SPCR by buying your gear through this link: Amazon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:42 pm 
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 am
Posts: 2083
Location: Northern California.
bubbles would be hard to deal with, but the pump noise should be better if decoupled from the mobo/chasis, then when mounted directly to the mobo,no?

_________________
Help SPCR keep the lights on, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:26 pm
Posts: 12156
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
xan_user wrote:
bubbles would be hard to deal with, but the pump noise should be better if decoupled from the mobo/chasis, then when mounted directly to the mobo,no?

Maybe. It seems mostly acoustic but you never know till it's tried.

_________________
Mike Chin, SPCR Editor/Publisher
Support SPCR by buying your gear through this link: Amazon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm 
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 am
Posts: 2083
Location: Northern California.
MikeC wrote:
xan_user wrote:
bubbles would be hard to deal with, but the pump noise should be better if decoupled from the mobo/chasis, then when mounted directly to the mobo,no?

Maybe. It seems mostly acoustic but you never know till it's tried.

to me it seems lie a logical extension of the SPCR mantra. reduce, decouple, under volt/clock.

_________________
Help SPCR keep the lights on, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZXT Kraken X31 & X41 Liquid CPU Coolers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:21 pm
Posts: 157
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Are H440's 120 mm fans the same of the X31?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group