Antec P160 Aluminum case Review

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
eoctanker

scythe ninja and fan

Post by eoctanker » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:39 am

Thanks for that info. I have updated my list of components to have the scythe scnj-1000 with a 120mm nexus fan as my pcu cooler. I know it will fit on my asus A8n-SLI premimum mobo, but what would be better, the quiet cooling of the pcu and passive HS of the northbridge (which is right behind it) or a little more noise using the Zalman 9500 which will also blow air on the resistors around the mobo... Both look quiet good, with the review for the Zalman being a little louder but the scythe design will not blow air on the resistors... I haven't bought either yet, and whant the coolest, quietest design (like everyone else) 8)

hravn

Post by hravn » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:13 pm

The VRM-area is not very hot with my config, can't remember exact temp at the moment but maybe around 40C or something. No stability problems whatsoever.

eoctanker

GREAT

Post by eoctanker » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:56 am

thanks, did you have any issues with fitting the fan next to your Ram? what do you think of the corsair? I haven't purchased my ram yet because I am not sure of which company. I will get 2gb (a pair of 1gb) DDR400. This will let me upgrade later. Now all I have to do is find a way to keep my 7900GT cool without noise... :?

hravn

Post by hravn » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:02 pm

Well, the RAM has to be installed first, and then the 120mm fan on the ninja sits on top of the left-most module ;)

I'm using 2x1GB of Corsair XMS PC3200 (DDR400) RAM, works fine I guess, even though I have to run it at CL2.5 instead of 2 at stock speed which is kind of bad since the memory is specced for CL2. I just couldn't be bothered to return it.

eoctanker

Post by eoctanker » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:06 am

Great, that is what I will do when installing the ninja. Seems my dilema for the GPU cooler has been answered by SPCR. Their article on GPU coolers is exactly what I needed! Great article, I have to research how to undervolt my fans now, but learning is what makes this fun. I think I will go with Crucial for my memory becuase I have found some online coupons that I can use too. Thanks for the help and I will let you know how it comes out.