quiet(not silent), ghettotasticness...

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

TheScarf

quiet(not silent), ghettotasticness...

Post by TheScarf » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:03 pm

Following recent discussions, the milk crate has been improved considerably. Added a flower HS, 92mm L1A, and replaced the PSU fan with a 80mm Zalman that was lying around. Pictures can be found here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~thescarf/

The ghetto ideology remains, and any comments/insults wlecome!!

Cheers, David.

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:39 pm

Quite lovely, crate and all. Is green your preferred colour? Do you keep the works cool enough?

Oh, and are you the fetish guitarist or the clockwork hybrid? I'd like to hear some Redresser samples, but the mp3.com.au claimed "The Artist page you wish to view is on hold and temporarily unavailable" and the clips on your Music page caused Media Player to barf "unknown file type."

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:30 pm

Hey Tragus,

Cheers, yes it keeps cool enough; folds pretty much24/7 and I use speedfan to keep the CPU at about 50, which tends to be 40/60% fan speed. HD sits in the high 30's low 40's, which is (just)acceptable for me.

I'm the guitaring one and we're getting some more hosting spcae atm, but if you want a sample, could email you one in the interim. My address is thescarf[at]optushome[dot]com[dot]au

David.

crisspy
Friend of SPCR

Post by crisspy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:12 am

Very Nicely Done! My compliments.

I must also extend a sincere appology for not saying hi sooner. I've been way too busy as of late to keep a regular eye on these forums.

I like your approach of cables out the side, drives out the front. I wanted to try an everything-out-front approach when I built my crate, and as such never thought to try your approach, which I think would be better for some situations.

I have recently gone truely minimalist. My mobo is now screwed to the wall with 2 drywall screws, and the drive rack from my crate sits on the desk, with the PSU atop. 2 cup hooks rout the cables away to either side and down, from the mobo jack area which faces up. My old crate wouldn't hold the new ATX mobo I upgraded to, so it now gathers dust.

Stay tuned for a new gallery entry coming soon.

Cheers, and my sincere compliments, Crisspy.

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:45 am

Cheers, crisspy!!

I can't rember exactly when it was that I decided ghetto for boxes was the obvious next logical choice, but your effort was definitely an inspiration...My particular milk crate is just great as a 'case'! It fits an ATX m'board perfectly and leaves just enough room for everything else. It was essentially an easy project!! As for cables to the side etc., that's just the way it all fit in the best....

I look forward to your next effort!

David.

v3n

Post by v3n » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:19 am

Neat but the dust build up will be terrible