My first semi quiet rig!

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Kemokim

My first semi quiet rig!

Post by Kemokim » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:47 pm

Well i only just recently found this place, but it has helped me ALOT!

i just got my new 3700BQE case, and i wanted to show what i got :P (im a bit proud if i must say so myself hehe)

My setup is
AMD Barton 2500XP @ 3200XP 1,65VCore
Asus A7N8X-E
Thermalright SP97 + 92mm Acoustifan (gonna change with papst in a few days)
1 GB Geil Golden dragon PC3500 2-3-3-6
WD raptor 36g -- This i am getting rid off! its sooo noisy
Samsung Spinpoint SP80 160g
Nvidia Ti4600 128mb Zalman ZM-80C passive cooler
antec 120x120mm in the back (just ordered 2 120mm papst gonna put one in front and one in back)
ThermalTake Silent Purepower 420W // i found out when i joned up here that this probably was a bad investment.. and i can see now how noisy it actually is!

First the case with my Sunbeam Rheostat, im trying to find my black front for the cd drive.. and im debating if i should totally remove the disc drive..

A quick look inside

I couldnt help myself i got those blue things for free but they make a nice lighting when im tweaking and such

I dont think im gonna remove the back grid where my 120x120 antec cooler is located..

All in all i think it looks a hell of a lot better than my old AOpen hightower, theres better airflow even though i havnt used any of the mods like taping the front etc..

im ordering a set of acoustipack, and as soon as i have those installed ill probably throw some more pictures up :twisted:

Some temp reading:
CPU full load 48 degrees Celsius
Harddisks both @ 37 degrees more or less always.

Kim Jørgensen
/Denmark

P.s i hope those pics work, theyre directly linked form Yahoo,, they work for me atleast..
otherwise the album is located here:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kemoki ... .dir=/5c81

BillyBuerger
Patron of SPCR

Post by BillyBuerger » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:36 am

The pictures don't work :( If I'm not mistaken, I believe the yahoo photo album thing doesn't let you directly link to the pictures.

Kemokim

Post by Kemokim » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:35 pm

Damn i was affraid of that.. they work fine on my computer.. i even tried logging out of yahoo..
oh well the link

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kemoki ... .dir=/5c81

Should work though!

BillyBuerger
Patron of SPCR

Post by BillyBuerger » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:44 am

Yeah, if you notice at the end of the image address, there's some random characters. When I view the images at Yahoo!, I get different random characters than the ones that you linked. It must have something to do with what your IP is or something. If you logged in from a different machine you probably wouldn't see the images either.

Kemokim

Post by Kemokim » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:40 am

yea that must be it, i checked from my laptop..

oh well gotto wait untill i get my own www page..