Not-so quiet BQE

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

kloppe

Not-so quiet BQE

Post by kloppe » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:46 am

Well, it's better than the default one. :)

Specs:
Antec SLK3700 BQE
Antec SL350S with fan swapped for a Titan (aka Evercool; not the aluminium one though) 80mm @ 7V
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+ @ 3200+
Spire "WhisperRock" IV @ Uhm, dunno, but I guess about 9V - 10V. It's at ~1950 RPM anyway.
512MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM
Geforce2 Pro 64MB with Zalman ZM-NB47J
Seagate Barracuda IV 80GB & 60GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 S-ATA 80GB
Zalman ZM-F2 92mm @ 7V

I'll probably swap the WhisperRock IV for a Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu, but other than that I'm pretty satisfied with this setup.

The case is lined with two materials, this and the 10mm version of this.

I'm a crappy photographer; sorry about the dark pics. :/
Click on the pictures to view the full-size version.

Overview pic. My "temporary" (it's been this way for over a month :P) HDD suspension can be seen in the lower right corner.

A cloe-up of the top part of the case.

This was supposed to show the way I routed my fan cables, but I messed it up; I thought I'd post it anyway since it shows off the egg-crate foam pretty good.

Right side. The fan cable coming from the PSU can be seen in the upper right corner.

Front and backside. Duh. :P
Last edited by kloppe on Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

MonsterMac

Post by MonsterMac » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:03 am

Nice set up? But what are your specs like CPU, VGA, RAM, etc...

What videocard can you passively cool with the zalman nb cooler?? (what card is it?) Very nice cable routing,

kloppe

Post by kloppe » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:16 am

MonsterMac wrote:Nice set up? But what are your specs like CPU, VGA, RAM, etc...

What videocard can you passively cool with the zalman nb cooler?? (what card is it?) Very nice cable routing,
Thanks. :)
The specs are at the top of the post, and the video card is a Gf2 Pro (brand unknown) which the HS can just barely cool; I don't get any artifacts in games but the HS is pretty damn hot even when idling.

BTW, I added links to the full-size (1600x1200) pics. Just click on the thumbnails to view them.

RaNDoMMAI
Friend of SPCR

Post by RaNDoMMAI » Mon May 10, 2004 7:05 pm

sup dude

How are ur HDD temps, mine were in the 39C-42C and i was using a samsung HDD.

Ralf suggest i tape all the holes on the front bezel i wasnt using and i did and my temps went straight down.

U might want to give it a try.

you got a nice setup too.

I love this case!!

~RaNDOM

kloppe

Post by kloppe » Mon May 10, 2004 11:10 pm

They're 31C-33C, which is cool enough for me. That front fan really helped the HDD temps... without it they were close to 40C and I couldn't leave the side door off for more than a few minutes without being afraid that they'd fry.
I don't think I'll tape up the holes though. Most of the air should already be flowing over the HDD's, and a little cool air going directly from the front to the CPU is not a very bad thing anyway, imo.

Edit: I think I was a little harsh when I named this thread; It is pretty damn quiet, even by SPCR standards. Pretty much all I can hear from 1m away is airflow noise from the 120mm Antec fan @ 12V.