HDPLEX H3 V2 Fanless PC Chassis build

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Coderax

HDPLEX H3 V2 Fanless PC Chassis build

Post by Coderax » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 am

Hi!

Here is my fanless HDPLEX H3 V2 Fanless PC Chassis build.
I wanted a silent case for a 24/7 Vmware ESXi/Hyper-v server and I found out about HDPLEX. Luckly they offer shipping to Europe countries from Germany local stock, so no shipping and customs fee - really big plus!
Information about the case: https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-h3-v2-fan ... assis.html
Full gallery of pictures with unboxing and almost final build are here: click here!

The case is heavy and seems good quality only with one exception (look below - note 4). What i like, it has a lot of options for disk/SSD´s + the PCI slot with riser option for a full length slot.
If You look at the photos, the case package was really good and safe!
The installation of the heatpipes system took some time and wasnt the easiest.
I am using a Intel Core i7 6700 CPU, that has a TDP of 65W. The case by the manufacturer support a CPU with 80W Max TDP.
When i did some temperature testing, idel temperature is around 30°C. Maximum temperature with AIDA64 System Stability test was 73°C, but it was 10 minutes with 100% CPU usage.

Motherboard is powered by a external power brick, so it offers SATA drives power from the motherboard. Because of that it has a special power cabel with two SATA power connectors, that were on an angle, that i wasnt able to use with the included HDD/SSD mount from HDPLEX. The top lid wouldnt close, so i found a simple HDD/SSD mount, that i put under the original HDPLEX mount. Problem solved :P

But overall i am really happy with it!

I would be even more happier with the case, if some little things would be resolved from the manufacturer:
1) The installation manual would need some improving/details from my view.
2) Included thermal paste didnt seem to have high thermal conductivity, i used my own.
3) For the price of the case, i would want to have at least a power on led and it would be nice to have reset switch also.
4) The quality was spoiled by the misaligned USB port.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CA_Steve

Re: HDPLEX H3 V2 Fanless PC Chassis build

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Congrats on your build. I'm a big fan of HDPlex. Was the USB port misalignment more of the mobo mfgr not doing a good job on assembly tolerances? Eyeballing the case, it looks like all of the port holes are the same/aligned.

Coderax

Re: HDPLEX H3 V2 Fanless PC Chassis build

Post by Coderax » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:24 pm

CA_Steve wrote:Congrats on your build. I'm a big fan of HDPlex. Was the USB port misalignment more of the mobo mfgr not doing a good job on assembly tolerances? Eyeballing the case, it looks like all of the port holes are the same/aligned.
Thanks!
The USB misalignment was by the soldering of the base itself, were those ports are sitting The case holes are all OK!
Luckly this is only some minor thing and also those ports are kind of hidden also :wink: