Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Rod M
-- Vendor --

My quiet system

Post by Rod M » Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:33 am

Hi Guys,

I am new here, but I am not new to quiet computing,

I have been running a online cooling shop specailising in low noise cooling products for the past year, www.lownoisepc.com

I am based in Sydney Australia and have quite a following over at the OCAU forums (www.overclockers.com.au).

here are some pics of my main system:

-P4 1.8A @ 2.25, zalman 6500B-AlCu, 120mm papst fan for cooling
-ZM-NB32J on chipset
-Leadtek Ti4600 with zalman ZM80-HP, 120mm papst for additional cooling
-Cheiftec fulltower case, Zalman 300w PSU and a variety of Papst fans for case cooling (8412NGL, 3412NGL)
-Fujitsu 36.4g U3 scsi HDD in No-Vibes III HDD case

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:16 pm

wow, so many papst fans, I guess that makes sense in aus...no cheap panaflos there? I actually wanted to do exactly what you are doing with the zalman bracket and dual papst fans for (heatsink/northbridge) and (expansion cards, particularly video). Ideally my system would run 5 papst 4412fgl fans and one panaflo in the psu:) Very impressive quiet system, although personally I may have gone with the 6500A-Cu or maybe a MCX4k and a different case with 120mm case fans, but thats just me:)

-Ken

NeilBlanchard

Several Nasty Cookies try to load when I come to this page!!

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:12 am

Hello:

This is off topic, but does anybody else's firewall kick out warning for about 5-6 cookies when they come to this page? If I had to guess, since Rod also sells Pabst fans, he might be trying to see who comes to see his system -- because when I go to his web site, I also get these cookies!

:evil:

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Re: Several Nasty Cookies try to load when I come to this pa

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:46 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:Hello:

This is off topic, but does anybody else's firewall kick out warning for about 5-6 cookies when they come to this page? If I had to guess, since Rod also sells Pabst fans, he might be trying to see who comes to see his system -- because when I go to his web site, I also get these cookies!

:evil:
No warnings here. I use Zone Alarm and have my browser set to refuse 3rd-party cookies.

NeilBlanchard

I use ZA Pro and Opera, also

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:41 am

Hi Ralf:

I also use Opera 6.01 and Zone Alarm Pro, so I guess that I have not shut off the warnings about 3rd party cookies, or something. They are getting excluded -- it's just that I don't get these warnings from any other page on this whole site -- just this one. I wanted to point any conflict of interest the might be happening with Rod selling Pabst and Zalman stuff. Cookies from his own site -- when you go to visit it are fine, but I'm complaining about cookies from him on this site.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:02 pm

Neil- I can dig it, if he's got some sort of gif cookies or whatever they are on THIS site that's BS. Whatever he wants to do on his own site, that's his business, but not here.

I'm using Opera too, but V6.05. Do you know how to change your cookie settings in Opera? Press "Alt + P" for the Preferences box, then go to "Privacy" and set it to "Do Not Accept Third Party Cookies".

Rod M
-- Vendor --

Post by Rod M » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:28 am

sorry guys I have NFI about how the cookies are set up on my web site,
I am a bit of a novice when it comes to websites/HTML etc,

Gxcad, I was contemplating to use the 6500B-Cu, but decided to used the 6500B-AlCu, I still get very good temps with it,

Panaflo's are available and are slightly cheaper in Australia, but I decided to mainly sell Papst, I am the only one (I believe) who is selling quiet papst fans in the Australian pc community,

Tom P

Post by Tom P » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:57 am

I normally have cookies disabled (Mozilla) but briefly enabled them and reloaded this page. At least one cookie tried to load from "iprimus.com.au" (same place the pictures are stored).

MGP

Post by MGP » Fri May 23, 2003 3:35 pm

hey RobM, did you use thermal adhesive on your northbridge zalman nb32j? it sure looks like it! could you comment on the heatsink's effectiveness?

Rod M
-- Vendor --

Post by Rod M » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:41 am

MGP wrote:hey RobM, did you use thermal adhesive on your northbridge zalman nb32j? it sure looks like it! could you comment on the heatsink's effectiveness?
a very late reply :)

yes it was attached with the Zalman thermal adheasive,
it is still attached after more than 14 months and working fine, the heatsink does not get hot becaust of the 120mm papst fans,

when doing some Passive cpu tests I noticed that the chipset heatsink did get hot, so it looks like it is working fine,

engseng

Post by engseng » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:18 am

Hey, not bad Rod, looks like another candidate for SPCR ROLE MODEL. What casing is that anyway? There's this metal big brace right above the motherboard?

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:15 am

engseng wrote:Hey, not bad Rod, looks like another candidate for SPCR ROLE MODEL. What casing is that anyway? There's this metal big brace right above the motherboard?
It's one of the Full Tower Chieftec Dragons or perhaps the discontinued Antec version of the same case called the SX1240.

Rod M
-- Vendor --

Post by Rod M » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:10 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:
engseng wrote:Hey, not bad Rod, looks like another candidate for SPCR ROLE MODEL. What casing is that anyway? There's this metal big brace right above the motherboard?
It's one of the Full Tower Chieftec Dragons or perhaps the discontinued Antec version of the same case called the SX1240.
yes, the case is the full tower Chiedtec Dragon,