nVidia System Utility Graphs/RAM Mojo

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

nVidia System Utility Graphs/RAM Mojo

Post by acaurora » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:49 pm

I've recently reformatted my computer, and, now I have a problem. Prior to reformatting, the System Utility showed graphs of temps, voltage, and I could change the fan speeds of any fans connected to the motherboard-monitored 3-pin connectors. However, now they no longer appear. Does anyone know how to fix / get these back? I mean, yes I don't really pay attention to them, and yes I dont really need them, but it makes me wonder how to get them back.

Also, I recently bought Corsair XMS 3200 XL PRO RAM (and boy did that cost me a bundle =[), and I can't seem to get it to run @ 2-2-2-5. While the BIOS does report 2-2-2-5, the nVidia System Utility reports
T(RP) 2
T(RCD) 3
T(RAS) 5

It's running @ 1.8 V, instead of the normal 2.7V. @ 2.7 V it was sort of crashing. @ 2.8V it runs perfectly stable. Corsair reports 2-2-2-5 @ 2.75V, but mine doesn't have the .05 V stepping. Anyone know how to fix these timings to get the 2-2-2-5 timings I paid an arm and a leg for? and can someone also tell me which numbers mean what (i.e., A-B-C-D with 2-2-2-5. A = ? B = ? C = ? D = ? I'm assuming D = T(RAS). What does A, B, and C represent (out of T(RP), T(RCD), etc etc)?