VGA Waterblock works for Northbridge...Reserator...Sonata

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

surfed

VGA Waterblock works for Northbridge...Reserator...Sonata

Post by surfed » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:12 pm

If you buy a Zalman VGA Waterblock you get 2, a large one and a smaller one. I put the large one on my TI4600 and decided to try putting the smaller one on my NForce2 Northbridge. I also modified my Reserator1 buy running a hose from the inlet to the top of the unit, wich droped my temps by 2 C. Soon this box will see a Antec Phantom 350 and i will see how my case temps go, as I am aiming for only running the 120mm exhaust at half speed wich hopefully will make this box completly inaudible (right now i have the stock PSU that came with the Sonata case and it sucks noisewise...).
Temps are great right now, reaching 50C CPU (XP2600 @ 2405mhz) and 33C Case.

Mr_Smartepants

Post by Mr_Smartepants » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:56 pm

Nice setup! :D
That's a pretty good idea you had about using the extra WB for the northbridge. Did it go on smoothly or did you need to mod anything.

Any pics of your inlet mod to the top of the reserator?

I'm planning on getting a reserator soon and this mod looks nice.

surfed

Post by surfed » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:08 pm

The only problem I ran into is the screws coming with the WB are too long, so the MB would not fit, but those where easy to replace. I am amased at how efficient those WB cool, considering there simple design (not much surface area comes in contact with the water, but the flow is very slow). I would call the reserator a good buy. :)