The spec of my machine are:
AMD Barton 2500+ with Zalman 6000ALCU
512MB Kingston DDR400 (2*256MB)
Seagate Barracuda 6 40GB HD
Sony DVD ROM
AOPEN 5200 128MB Fanless Video Card
Codegen 350W PSU
Lian Li PC75USB (black)
Things are good and the machine is performing well and having noise that i can accept. 3 weeks ago i have bought an ASUS V9999GT video card, things started to changed. The card performed extremely well but have a hugh noise and it is almost impossible for me to sleep at night. Read the review of NV Silencer 5, ordered one from local computer shop, shipped last friday, then i found out that the it can NOT fit because
1. ASUS using a smaller 3 pin for graphic card power
2. The fan of NV Silencer 5 has BLOCKED the power input of the card!!
Mods i did:
1. Removed all 4 factory case fans (ADDA)
2. Changed the 80mm Zalman fan with a ThermalTek 120mm with zalman fanmate 1 set to minimum speed (5V).
3. Buy a Molex extension cable, cut the cables, seal with the power of the Video card
4. Using motherboard's fan plug (GND & +12V) to provide power for the NV silencer
5. Use coolermaster rounded ATA cable and tidy up all cables. Plenty of space inside my monster case
I have wasted 5 Molex cables for doing the mod. Oops head broken again
Turns out to be a huge improvement. I can barely hear any sound within 1 meter. And the machine has been operated for 7 hours of Game playing and BT download without any problem (it is summer in Sydney now). Afterall i am satisfied with the result. (Sorry abt the messy table)
Sorry for the outfocus picture, this is my first time taking pics with the SONY U40. I will replace the pics once i got time.