Floor mounted my SmartDrive enclosure in the Antec 3000B

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Slipstream

Floor mounted my SmartDrive enclosure in the Antec 3000B

Post by Slipstream » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:18 pm

Last time I posted photos people were wondering why I put my front case fan between the bezel and the case and had nothing down there to cool. I got a new Samsung Spinpoint drive recently and tried out my original idea for this spot.

The Samsung drive is waaay quieter than my old WD Caviar. Inside the SmartDrive and Acoustipack it is inaudible. The drive fits very snug in this position but I don't like the idea of having unsecured components even if I don't transport the PC much or knock it over. So I found some metal clips that were laying around and amazingly they fit the groves of the SmartDrive perfectly. A few holes drilled for the screws and next thing you know I have a silent, cool (~28c), and secure new hard drive! :)

In case your wondering, the clips are threaded so they hold themselves on, the bolts are on the other side simply as spacers so the front bezel has room for its own clips.

toNka

Post by toNka » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:28 pm

What material did you use to wrap your front 120mm hole?
I like it a lot because it is more square than round!

Slipstream

Post by Slipstream » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:52 am

www.bestbyte.net , search for molding . It is the first result. Great stuff, very cheap too. They even ship USPS for next to nothing.