epia-m problems?

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dbri

epia-m problems?

Post by dbri » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:29 am

is it just me or are alot of people having problems with the epia-m boards? ive been reading viaarena.com trying to figure out why mine started pouring smoke out when i used DDR333 RAM in the slot. it says use DDR266 but my ddr266 didnt let it boot.

MikeC
Site Admin

Re: epia-m problems?

Post by MikeC » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:38 am

dbri wrote:why mine started pouring smoke out :!: when i used DDR333 RAM
wow!! never heard of anything like that w/any board!! so is yours dead or just your ram?

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:55 am

LOL smoke coming out of your computer is NEVER a good sign. Sorry for your loss. And sorry for laughing too :D

dbri

Post by dbri » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:04 am

gaminggod: no worries im getting a big kick out of the look on peoples faces.

mikec: the thing never booted, so i dont know if its dead or not. it just went 'boop boop boop', switched ram, smoke, switched back ram, 'boop boop boop' again..

people on viaarena.com are reporting overheating, boot problems, etc.

ahh yes, so why did i put this in 'gallery'? i dont know. but here is a picture anyways.

other pix at aeoe.freeshell.org/tmp/burntram[/url]

dbri

denoument

Post by dbri » Tue May 06, 2003 7:02 pm

so the store tells me i installed the ram backwards. i dont see how since its keyed and it fit like a glove but hey, anythings possible i guess. they said they traced down the burn marks on my RAM and the motherboard and that is the evidence. anyways i read on usenet another 'my 3rd pin is burnt' person whose computer folks told her she installed it backwards as well.
well, i dont know. im trying to fit the ram in another board right now backwards and it wont go. but dude, maybe i was like really really tired and missing something, i dont know. but everything came out in the wash so. hopefully it will work now