My quiet rig

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dgouldin

My quiet rig

Post by dgouldin » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:29 am

I just had to post a success story here. I got my fans and controller in on Tuesday and rigged everything up. Here's my setup:

Evercase 4252
Fortron P300XFPN PSU
A-Open AK79D-1394
Athlon XP 1600+
Thermalright AX-7 w/ Panaflo 80mm L1A
Western Digital 180gb 7200rpm 2mb cache
MSI 48/24/48 burner
Creative Labs 5x DVD
ATI Raedon 7500 Dual Head
M-Audio Delta 1010
FrozenCPU 3.5" Dual Voltage 3 Port Baybus
Panaflo 80mm L1A intake and exhaust fans

I woke up this morning and in my stupor was alarmed that my computer had shut itself down in the night. Then I noticed the lights on the controller were still on ... this is how much quieter my PC is now.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance. It's pretty straightforward stuff, except that I put foam in the 2 3.5" removable bays at the bottom of the computer and stuffed my hard drive in between them.

Now I just need to take care of that whiny little video card fan that I could never hear before over the vacuum cleaner that was my cpu fan.

One note - Don't try to install that fan controller onto a 3.5" Evercase bay cover ... it didn't work out very well for me. I'm working on a mounting solution ... hopefully something that will actually screw into the bay. I kind of like the fact that you can see the controller's circuit board though. It has a clear Swatch watch charm to it.

Vernacular

Post by Vernacular » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:06 pm

swatch watches were the coolest! :lol: