Quiet Dual Mobile Barton 2.4G

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

hsuchiaching

Quiet Dual Mobile Barton 2.4G

Post by hsuchiaching » Tue May 30, 2006 11:00 am

Hi there!

Here's my rig, I would say it's just quiet with so many fans, probably no where near SPCR standard but the best I try so far

Dual Mobile Barton @ 2.4G at stock vcore with zalman 7000Cu-like heatsink both at 5v.

Gigabyte-7dpxdw-p with copper NB heatsink.

1Gb Ram

6800GT with NV5

4x160Gb Maxtor Diamond 9 at onboard raid 0 suspended with elastics

Antec True Power 550 with 9cm fan took off and most cover cut off. 12 cm antec from my old 3700bqe at front and 8cm TT silentcat @5v swap in the end of air Tunnel. Finally tune down this noisy babe.

YY-w201 with 14cm fan and 2x7cm installed in the back and extra 4x12cm crystal fan at 5v with blue led

You gotta wondering where the hack I got these heatsinks and NB cooler. Never see them before in US. That's right, I bought them in China since I currently work here. The 7000Cu-like cooler is quite cheap compared to actual zalman ones. 130 RMB each, around $16ish USD. NB is about $6 USD. All copper. I'd say they work better than my old 7000Al-Cu, which got smashed during trasportation.

The YY case is relative cheap here. Cost me less than $80 USD. But it did took me alot of time and courage to cut it since this is my vergin mod. You can see planty of dust sucked up at the front filter.>_< Kinda need to clean my bedroom. Anyway, I am not totally satisfy with CPU temp, idle at 48~ degrees because the hot humid weather in Shenzhen. thought about build wind tunnel for the cpus but that probably will work better with heatpipe heatsink such as tower 120 or sonic tower if they fit. But thanks to SPCR's many excellent techniqs and any sugguestion are welcome.

Possible future upgrades: Water cooling? Nay! seems not as fun as air cooling. Would like to get 4gb ecc and run window xp in ramdisk if one stick drop to $50 bucks or less. Gigabyte I-ram or cheap 3ware 7506-8. Anyone got one for sale? ^^

Enough of my craps and here's terrible taken pics

URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

hsuchiaching

Post by hsuchiaching » Tue May 30, 2006 11:12 am

In case anyone asks, I did swap the 8mm antec fan with silentcat cause the picture were taken eailier and I took away Audigy since it only works half the time....sigh..

here's extra 2 pics

openwheelformula1

Post by openwheelformula1 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:32 am

nice.

ps. please reduce the pic resolution.

flyingsherpa
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by flyingsherpa » Tue May 30, 2006 2:24 pm

yikes! yes, make the pics smaller before the mods chew you out.

neat project overall, thanks for sharing. though i'm positive you could lose over half those fans with no change in temps. experiment with taking some of them out... this will make it quieter too. let us know how it goes.

Chris Chan

Post by Chris Chan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:18 am

Really nice. Try removing the bottom 7cm fan and one front 120mm, then moving the 120mm to the middle. Seems too many fans for me... 10! That's insane.