P182B Game Rig ( Silencing in Progress )

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

P182B Game Rig ( Silencing in Progress )

Post by thejamppa » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:44 am

First I want to apologize that I am missing system outside pictures. I will add them later. I will be silencing this beast when possible. Here I am just showing start set-up.

System specs:
CPU: AMD X2 5600+ (89W) Windsor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Hr-01 (bolt-thu kit) with Noctua NF S120 (1200RPM) MB controlled
MB: Asus M2R32-MVP
Memory: 2 x 1 Gb Mushinkin SP2-6400 Special Edition (With beautiful Green Heatspreders)
HDD: 80 Gb Samsung Spinpoint P-series
PSU: Corsairs HX 620
Case: Antec P182B
VGA card: Sapphire Ati HD 2900 Pro 512 mb GDDR 3
Special: Scythe KamaBay with Nexus 120mm fitted on top three 5,25" slots

Side view. Pretty plain. I need to find way to re-route CPU-fan wire.

shot from behind. Shows nice wire clutter I have. I'll be fixing that later.

Better view from the wireclutter front of the DVD-ram

Wire clutter in lower chamber and the red beast in closer up.

Now this I could call tight fit between NB heatsink and VGA card. I manage to fit piece of cut plastic phone card between both. So gap was about size of an credit cards thickness.

Later I will add system's outside pictures and how I've routed the cables behind the tray. Now I don't have enough light.

While I am silencing this system, I'll also improve the cabling. I'll be posting pictures when I upgrade something.

lloydo

Post by lloydo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:56 pm

How did you go silencing the red beast?

I believe ThermalRight have a HR-03 out compatible with R600.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:34 am

The redbeast will be tamed with either Arctic Cooling Extreme ( 5x heat pipes and 3x 80mm low speed fans ) or Thermalright HR-03 / R 600 ( 6x heatpipes ) with approriate 92mm fan / 120mm fan attached to it. As soon they will come for market in here. I think Arctic Cooling tries to get their product on sale for Christmas markets. That makes logical sense and I do hope they will do it.

The downside is bit salty price tag: 45 € according AC while HR-03 will be around 50 to 60 €'s. I think.