Lian Li PC-6077 C2D build

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

RayMan

Lian Li PC-6077 C2D build

Post by RayMan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:20 am

Hi,
I'm a long time reader of SPCR. I finally built up a new system to replace my very old one, and thought i could share the result with you.
Some parts as the case, hd and pci cards come from the previous pc, the rest are new ones and were chosen for good present and future gaming and desktop performance, not too power hungry and which could be cool down relatively quiet. (Sorry if my english isn't perfect!)

System Specs:

Case: Lian Li PC-6077
Power Supply: Seasonic S12II-380HB
Mobo: Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
RAM: Team Group Xtreem Dark 800MHz CL4 (2x1GB)
GPU: Sparkle GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB
HD Enclosure: Silentmaxx HD-Silencer
DVD-RW: NEC AD-7170S
PCI CARDS:
Creative Sound blaster Live!
Hauppauge WinTV-PCI-FM
Atlantis Land I-Storm ADSL
CPU Dissy: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
GPU Dissy: Thermalright HR-03 Plus
Thermal Paste: Zalman ZM-STG1
Fans:
2x Nanoxia FX08-1600
4x Nanoxia FX12-1250
Lights:
Sunbeam Meteor Light
3x Sunbeam Strobe Light
AC Ryan 2x 10cm & 2x 30cm UV Neon
Other:
2x Zalman Fan Mate
Revoltec 80-120 UV Fan Adapter
Akasa S-ATA UV Cable 60cm
AC Ryan BlackMagic2 UV Reactive Paint
2x custom mirror (37x8.5 & 25x14.5)

Curiosity: Total weight: 13.7 Kg (definitely not a lan-party machine!)

Some Feedbacks:

Pretty happy with the result. Everything run fine and stable as it should be.

Thermalright coolers were not that easy to install but was worth it. Cpu one is always cool at touch while gpu one is very hot, i wish manufactures added for the gpu some sort of power saving function as it is for the cpu. Had to mount the gpu fan in an unconventional position because of the many pci cards, but it cools well anyway.

On the case some holes were cut to help cable management and rear fan grills were removed to maximize airflow.

Thumbs up for the Nanoxia fans. They are very quiet, no noise coming from the fan except for the “woooshâ€

Gundy

Post by Gundy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:45 pm

Nice case, a lot to look at!

What is of special intrest to me, as I might go for a similar setup, is the HR-03 on you GPU. Is the huge fan below the GPU needed to cool the memory modules / power converters? What are your reasons for installing it?

How much space is there between the HR-03 heatspreader and the Ultra-120?

Best regards,
Gundy

RayMan

Post by RayMan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:21 am

The space between the two coolers is less than 2 cm
For the gpu i think that a fan is needed, otherwise it will run too hot
Had to install in that way because of the 3 pci cards, find it pretty efficient though

AuraAllan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by AuraAllan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:30 am

Nice build. As said before, alot to look at.

How are those Nanoxia fans? Whats the noisecharacteristics like? And how about the soundlevel in general?

Edit: Can you compare them to some other fans? Like Yate Loon, Nexus or other good 120mm fans? Thanks :D

Gundy

Post by Gundy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 am

Thanks for the answers RayMan!

As asked before, the general soundlevel would be quite interesting :)

RayMan

Post by RayMan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:56 pm

I can compare the Nanoxia with the Papst 4412 F/2GL and the Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XL-1 and i think it is the best of the three.
Both the Noiseblocker i tried had a very distinct clicking noise that i found very annoying. Papst is pretty good, a little roughness in its noise, maybe because of the different blades shape. Nanoxia noise character is very smooth and no rattling coming from the hub.

General soundlevel, have no idea in terms of dba, in a quiet room it is clearly audible but still can consider it quiet.
Major source of noise are gpu and cpu fans spinning at 1250rpm, they can be downvolted to around 1000rpm without compromise the temperatures, resulting in a good reduction in noise! :wink:

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:36 pm

That good to hear about Nanoxia. I've heard a lot good about them ( even that they have been used under water ) so I am definately intrested them. They look really good in your case.

AuraAllan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by AuraAllan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:38 am

RayMan wrote:I can compare the Nanoxia with the Papst 4412 F/2GL and the Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XL-1 and i think it is the best of the three.
Both the Noiseblocker i tried had a very distinct clicking noise that i found very annoying. Papst is pretty good, a little roughness in its noise, maybe because of the different blades shape. Nanoxia noise character is very smooth and no rattling coming from the hub.

General soundlevel, have no idea in terms of dba, in a quiet room it is clearly audible but still can consider it quiet.
Major source of noise are gpu and cpu fans spinning at 1250rpm, they can be downvolted to around 1000rpm without compromise the temperatures, resulting in a good reduction in noise! :wink:
Sounds good. Maybe i'll try one out.