Fenix's NSK2480 HTPC

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Fenix

Fenix's NSK2480 HTPC

Post by Fenix » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:50 am

I finished my first HTPC today when I changed the interim fans and HDD I have been using for a while.

I'm really pleased with the result myself. It's quiet enough not to hear it when the TV is on and at the same time keeping all the temps nice and low.

The main parts. I assembled these on December 15th.

2 new Nexus fans and the two fans I've been using until now.

A new WD Caviar GP 500GB and the old WD 1200JD 120GB Ballbearing.
The GP is really quiet. Monted in the silicone grommets it is more quiet then my suspended Seagates in my other PC.
I haven't enabled AAM.
I'm having trouble doing it with Hitachi Feature Tool 2.08 same with the old WD. After reboot the changes are gone.

MB chamber.

HDD chamber.

MB chamber picture #2

My HTPC in its right environment.

Jay_S
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Jay_S » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:13 pm

I like your computer (I have the same case, MB, CPU HS)!

Have you experienced this situation with your motherboard: you're using the HTPC at native resolution (1280x720 in my case) normally, you switch to TV but leave the HTPC running, and when you switch back to the HTPC it has changed resolution to 800x600. Does this ever happen to you?

Jay

Fenix

Post by Fenix » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:06 am

Jay_S wrote:I like your computer (I have the same case, MB, CPU HS)!

Have you experienced this situation with your motherboard: you're using the HTPC at native resolution (1280x720 in my case) normally, you switch to TV but leave the HTPC running, and when you switch back to the HTPC it has changed resolution to 800x600. Does this ever happen to you?

Jay
I haven't used anything else since the HTPC as a TV source since i finished it. This is because my Samsung DVB-T box stopped working a few days before i finished this HTPC. In Sweden we only have DVB-T transmissions for TV, except for DVB-S, cabel or IpTV which I don't have in my home.

Im going to get the replacement box today so I can try later.