A lot of photos of My P182b-allnexus-coolpacks-silentPC

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mocya

A lot of photos of My P182b-allnexus-coolpacks-silentPC

Post by mocya » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:02 am

Hello from Madrid , I have been watching for a while and hope to contribute to this forum as it has to me.This is my first post here.This is the greatest forum of silent PC but we have our little silentPC forum here in Spain. I'd like your comments about my last silentPC. Please open the following link.
http://foro.noticias3d.com/vbulletin/sh ... p?t=235023
Any input or thoughts would be helpful.Thanks in advance, Mocya

ntavlas

Post by ntavlas » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Hello,

Well, it`s a clean build, and with those fans at 700rpm it must be very quiet. Perhaps it would be quieter if you removed all the frontal fans. I don`t know if it would be good for the video card but the hard disks will be fine. But like you say, the sound of 700rpm fans at night isn`t that bothersome.

Immortals
Friend of SPCR

Post by Immortals » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Very Nice. similar to mine (except mines messier). What is the enclosure for the hard drive?

mocya

Post by mocya » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:33 am

Aluminium 187X119X56mm hammond box.
Inside coolpacks,gelpacks (reusable hot/cold compress recommended after a blow, they are the sort that you stick in the freezer and apply to your sore bits)
the homebrew enclosure is better than commercial versions. Idle noise completely gone from any distance.No discernable noise seeking or writing up till 20cm away... Even that is barely audible.
With the enclosure I have 25 degrees in my HDD , ambient temp now inside my house 19 degrees.