P180 mini build

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

staffsmike

P180 mini build

Post by staffsmike » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello SPCR,

I've been lurking for a long time has got to be best place for Silent PC enthusiasts but never bothered to register and post... sorry.

I've had a go at a couple of basic (compared to you guys) over the past couple of years and just finished up this one so here goes.

only one pic for now I'm affraid

The purpose of the PC is to be mainly a media PC but have the grunt for some serious development work operating occasionally in quite hot surroundings.

The specs are,

Antec P180 Mini
Enermax Modu82+ 425W
Phenom 9950 125W + Scythe Ninja II
4GB Crucial Ballistix Pc6400 (cas 4)
Asus M3A78-CM
640GB WD AAKS
LG Blu Ray

I'm not an AMD fan boi (well I sort of am but..) but since all I needed was a decent IGP and the price of the Q6600 (and all intel chips really) is climbing in the UK I decided the 125W 9950 would be a nice chip to use.

It sits happily at around 32 degree's idle and mid to high 40's under load which is pretty good I think with all the case fans on low and slipstream running :)

It's silent by my standards but probably not everyones lol

Other PC's I'm running at the moment

My gaming rig which is horribly loud and the spec was just awful.. don't count on friends to help you.. learn yourself! lol This was my first build in a long time but I've taken the time to get the cables nice at least :)

My other attempt at a similar PC to the P180 mini (there is a passive 8500GT in there now and the mobo power cable is round the back where it should be).

and my TJ08

Anyway I was a bit bored and decided to post them all up. Enjoy or ridicule at your pleasure :D
[/img]

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

On the Mini P180 build (first picture) it appears that the wires that go from the PSU to the motherboard are not straight. If you look at the yellow wire on the left, it is bowed a little and not parallel with the other wires.

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

Post by psyopper » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:59 pm

On the MiniP180 build, from peeking through the center of your Ninja it looks like you have it mounted 90 degrees off.

Otherwise, a stellar build! I am certianly jealous!!

staffsmike

Post by staffsmike » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:50 am

m0002a wrote:On the Mini P180 build (first picture) it appears that the wires that go from the PSU to the motherboard are not straight. If you look at the yellow wire on the left, it is bowed a little and not parallel with the other wires.
I think thats the extra 4 pin and because the cable is stretched as it is the only thing I could really do is tape it down which I might now you've pointed it out lol

90 degree's off eh.. maybe that's why it was such a pig to fit lol Works well enough though so I'm not touching it.

ntavlas

Post by ntavlas » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Clean builds and some very good cable managment you got there. And a small army of ninjas :D