Core i5-750 system mild overclocking cool low power PC

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tyr Antilles

CPU Vcore and Vtt lowered

Post by Tyr Antilles » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:19 am

On 2010.05.05 -> lowered CPU Vcore = 1.09375 and Vtt = 1.170. Everything works flawlessly and on 2010.06.01 I am absolutely sure that my system is 100% stable, I didn't get any single crash or problem in this time.

I posted the latest config at CPU-Z validator http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1219013

As for noise, the four 12 cm vents (two intake on front of the case and two exhaust - one on back of the case and one on power supply) do a wonderful job in keeping the system very well cooled and surprisingly quiet. CPU cooler is very silent as well; the loudest components are by far the 3 HDD's and the video card when I play 3D games. Overall the system is fairly quiet for my taste, and under the desk where i keep it is totally not disturbing.

I am planning to keep this computer with these settings a very long time from now on, and I am very happy to have found the perfect overclock for me after all the tests and tries.

truflip

which APC back UPS?

Post by truflip » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:34 am

Which BackUPS do you have? I have a few 350's here and using Win7 but none of the batteries seem to show me my load in watts like yours do. Please tell me model # of your battery. I'd like one :)

EDIT: ignore the above, i found the APC on your original post.