It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:49 am
Posts: 10
Location: Kent, OH
That is a very nice job on the wiring. My compliments!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 am
Posts: 1
Location: DK
It's hard to tell from the pictures, how much free space does the Orochi have? Think a Noctua NH-D14 could fit in there?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
Swup wrote:
It's hard to tell from the pictures, how much free space does the Orochi have? Think a Noctua NH-D14 could fit in there?


No idea, really.


@k-sider

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:37 pm
Posts: 371
Location: S. Illinois
Very nice to see white for a change. Clean looking. Broke my heart to send mine back, but the 5870 wouldn't fit without losing the hdd mounts I wanted to use 'upstairs' there.

Have fun!

_________________
Silverstone FT02 w/ Seasonic X750 Gold / WD 1TB Black /12gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 / Asus P6X58D Premium / Intel Core i7 975 Extreme / XFX HD5870 / Pioneer BD-205 Blu-Ray Burner / Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme / Gateway FHD2400 24" LCD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:19 am
Posts: 266
Location: OV, The Netherlands
walle wrote:
Image

I have seen many clean builds, but as far as I can remember none ever as clean as this one. this is just über slick!!!!


Indeed. So.damn.clean. I like it!

_________________
My quiet P180 Mini PC
Q6600 Xigmatek HDT-S1283 + TR Bolt Thru | MSI R5770 (soon a)Arctic Accelero S1 rev 2 | 4Gb ram | Asus P5Q-VM | 2.6TB storage | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 152
Location: Cape Cod
If that case had the option of a properly secured and soundproofed cover/replacement panel for the large fan it would be... THE PERFECT CASE!

Awesome build!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
capecodbackup wrote:
If that case had the option of a properly secured and soundproofed cover/replacement panel for the large fan it would be... THE PERFECT CASE!

Awesome build!



Thanks :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Be-Quiet PSU, Scythe ...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
Cable routing...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 2:57 pm
Posts: 507
Location: England
Wilhelm-Tell wrote:
danimal wrote:
prime95 at 55 degrees at 2ghz, with no fan on the cpu, sounds very functional to me.


I think so too, but I will replace it with a E5300, 45nm, should run cooler and faster, at a fair price aswell.

I really hope you didn't do that, the E5300 is slower and no cooler than an E6750..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
Monkeh16 wrote:
Wilhelm-Tell wrote:
danimal wrote:
prime95 at 55 degrees at 2ghz, with no fan on the cpu, sounds very functional to me.


I think so too, but I will replace it with a E5300, 45nm, should run cooler and faster, at a fair price aswell.

I really hope you didn't do that, the E5300 is slower and no cooler than an E6750..


No I didn't. Back then I had the Celeron E1200, now replaced by a second hand E6750 (for less than a new E5500)


Image


Last edited by Wilhelm-Tell on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 2:57 pm
Posts: 507
Location: England
Wilhelm-Tell wrote:
No I didn't. Back then I had the Celeron E1200, now replaced by a second hand E6750 (for less than a new E5500)


http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2522/dsc0466q.jpg

Ahh, ok.

That thing looks like it's been stolen out of my G5!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
Monkeh16 wrote:
Wilhelm-Tell wrote:
No I didn't. Back then I had the Celeron E1200, now replaced by a second hand E6750 (for less than a new E5500)


http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2522/dsc0466q.jpg

Ahh, ok.

That thing looks like it's been stolen out of my G5!


Sure, it's pretty big. Actually had a G5 once myself, great machine.

I must say the E6750 runs pretty cool (for an old 65nm chip).
I only have the 20cm top fan connected in low mode too.
My old E1200 was much hotter.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 2:57 pm
Posts: 507
Location: England
Wilhelm-Tell wrote:
Sure, it's pretty big. Actually had a G5 once myself, great machine.

I must say the E6750 runs pretty cool (for an old 65nm chip).
I only have the 20cm top fan connected in low mode too.
My old E1200 was much hotter.

I wish my G5 didn't have an X800 in it. I'd be able to use it with something else. Oh well, price of a Xenon devkit. :)

The Celeron would've been hotter, they lack proper power saving features.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Be-Quiet PSU, Scythe ...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 187
Location: UK
Liking you build very simple, low tdp cpu, big heat sink and a massive slow fan, best way to make a silent pc imo.

I have always had a soft spot for that case, but i got in to water cooling before I got in to silent pcs, so my desktop has a bigger case with a massive radiator, If i was doing a new build for basic desktop use i would definitely consider this case.

Do you hear any noise from the Hard Drive? and have you considered replacing it with an ssd?

_________________
specs:E8400@4ghz,4gb ddr2 1066, DFI LP jr p45-t2rs,Super talent 64gb ssd,8800gts @ 513/792/1674, 8800gt @ 555/800/1782 corsair tx650
Cooling:XSPC Acrylic top, MCP355, D-TEK FuZion v2,XSPC RS360 Black,swiftech MCW60,D-TEK FuZion GFX+uni sink,EK-NB S-MAX
Server/htpc: Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX-I-E - E5200 - 4gb ddr2 800 - 2* 1.5tb f2 drives- Pico PSU - minja


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Be-Quiet PSU, Scythe ...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
mark19891989 wrote:
Liking you build very simple, low tdp cpu, big heat sink and a massive slow fan, best way to make a silent pc imo.

I have always had a soft spot for that case, but i got in to water cooling before I got in to silent pcs, so my desktop has a bigger case with a massive radiator, If i was doing a new build for basic desktop use i would definitely consider this case.

Do you hear any noise from the Hard Drive? and have you considered replacing it with an ssd?



Thanks!

Can't say I hear the HD much, it's pretty well damped. The silicon mounts really works better that I thought. Just some faint whining up close.

SSD is great, but not for me yet, I need space. But in the future, definitely...


I will be replacing my Sapphire Radeon HD3870 512MB with a Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 OC 1GB, and if possible reuse the Accelero S1 Rev. 2. The HD3870 has worked great all passive with temps from 37°C (idle) to 70°C (load). From what I have read they both consume about the same power. I'll just have to try and see.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Be-Quiet PSU, Scythe ...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
Some pics. It installed very easy. No problems. I even reused some of the thermal compound that was left from the original 6850-sink.

Idle temp up from 37°C (Old HD 3870) Right now I'm reading 41°C. With exactly the same air-flow, fan-speed and cooler (of course...)


Image

Image

Image


Last edited by Wilhelm-Tell on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Passive-Cooled HD6850
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 pm
Posts: 305
Location: Sweden
Nice work, 80 is perhaps a bit toasty but another fan in the back would lover the temps a bit perhaps?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Passive-Cooled HD6850
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
bozar wrote:
Nice work, 80 is perhaps a bit toasty but another fan in the back would lover the temps a bit perhaps?


Thanks. Yes, a bit high...

Sadly I can't fit another fan, the Orochi takes up to much room. I only got 10mm to play with, most fans are 25mm thick.

Image


Last edited by Wilhelm-Tell on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Passive-Cooled HD6850
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:42 am
Posts: 345
Location: Australia
You could possibly install the fan on the outside of the case? The power cable could go though one of the water-cooling tube grommets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Passive-Cooled HD6850
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:38 pm
Posts: 298
Location: ontario
looking at the orochi in the case i'd say a back panel fan would be pretty restricted in its airflow. not optimal at all. if anything i might say grab one of those new thermalright or noctua 140mm fans and slap it on the orochi.

_________________
my foamed mini p180 | corsair cx-400 w/ fan swap | scythe mugen-2 | thermalright hr-05 | unlocked sempron 140 | asrock 880g | 8gb mushkin |vertex 30gb boot | 7TBs storage |


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antec Mini P180 w/ Passive-Cooled HD6850
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 169
Location: Earth
fumino wrote:
looking at the orochi in the case i'd say a back panel fan would be pretty restricted in its airflow. not optimal at all. if anything i might say grab one of those new thermalright or noctua 140mm fans and slap it on the orochi.


Great idea. I mounted the supplied 140mm Orochi-fan. It runs at 400-500 rpm, not much, but still better than nothing. Top temps down by 5 celsius.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group