Torajirou's silent HTPC/NAS cabinet

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Torajirou

Torajirou's silent HTPC/NAS cabinet

Post by Torajirou » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:58 am

In a previous thread, I showed how I managed to make my HTPC quiet.

As always, silencing one component only made another component's noise audible :(

Silencing my NAS (Synology DS-411 with 2 WD Caviar Green 2TB (WD20EARS)), which is enclosed in the cabinet where my HTPC lies, is the next step toward acceptable quietness !

I ordered five sheets of triple-layer (12mm) AcoustiPack (that cost me an arm but, hey... silence is gold, isn't it ? ;)). They've just arrived; I'll stuff my cabinet tonight and I'll make sure to post some pics, as well as my acoustic observations.

EDIT (Feb 2nd) : Bad news : QuietPC got it wrong and sent me 7mm-thick sheets instead. I'll have to wait for a replacement :(

EDIT2 (Feb 3rd) : Wow, amazing customer service from QuietPC ! See below.
Hi Torajirou

Thanks for your email. I’m very sorry to hear about the picking error. Is there a red stamp on the invoice to say who it was “carefully” packed by please?

Did you receive the AP-Sheet in retail packaging (brown box) or was it the OEM version (loose bits of material and it didn’t come in a nice brown box with Acousti Material written on) I’m just trying to work out how the picker got it wrong.

Please keep the incorrect ones we sent in error. I don’t think it is cost effective to return them. I will re-send your order this afternoon and check it myself.

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards
Ellen
--
Ellen Brook
Customer Service
Quiet PC LLP