Mini ITX Low Power Build

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Abula

Re: Mini ITX Low Power Build

Post by Abula » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:12 am

thierry. wrote:I'm following your links to the other topic "Which picoPSU.." then ended up here.
Sweet little thing!
Glad you like it.
thierry. wrote:I read your message in May, when you talked about keeping the HR-02 passive.
Did you try to run is with only the 2 case fans?
No, i ran it like it was on the first post for couple of years, no issues aside from i was able to hear the Scythe 140mm fans when the ambient was very quiet at 800rpm, but wasnt a big deal either, i never bothered taking off the TY140 as i needed to fully dissemble the mobo and heatsink to insert the 4pin connector if i were to return the fan, but as it was with 800rpm intake fan and 700rpm cpu fan never ever got past 45C, so it should be able to run fine with the cpu fan.
thierry. wrote:How is it in terms of temperature buidling inside, and in term of noise (if you have to run the fans faster)?
Atm is inaudible, but i haven't tried to load it yet, i just finished putting it back together, but the idle temps are really good, 24C on 20C ambient, probably will end up with similar load temps, even with the fans 300rpms, but will see i might stress soon to test how it end up, i might do 30min prime on the weekend, if i do ill post it here.

thierry.

Post by thierry. » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm currently stressing mine, to try to identify the noise production, learn a bit, for my next build.
I mainly hear the front 180mm fan. (764 rpm) And I think I can hear the CPU fan. I clearly make the difference when it goes at 1600rpm with the 100% load, compare to 1200rpm when idle. (stock intel)

I'll have to open my own topic, to tell my stories. :wink:

Abula

Post by Abula » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:07 pm

So i was sad out of not able to mount the NOFAN95, and my brother needed HTPC so ill be bulding him one on my intel DH61DL + 2100T, and found a good sale on MSI H81i and Intel G3220.... and finally i was able to mount the monstrous cooler into a mini ITX setup.

Probably will be updating some other pictures as i find some free time, will run some prime95 to see how well it handles the load.