I have just finished my first ever Quiet PC build.
Case: Silverstone GD04S
CPU: i7-2700K with Scythe Shuriken 2 Cooler and Fan
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Gene V Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4Gx4 with Heat Spreader removed
Graphics: XFX Radeon 7770 Black Edition Super Overclock
Power Supply: Seasonic X-560
Drives: OCZ Vertex 4 128G for System Drive, 2 Seagate Momentus 2.5" 7200rpm drives RAID 0 for Data
No optical drive
- All chassis fans suspended by silicon nails, the bottom of the fans are padded with foam to prevent rubbing against chassis
- The power supply sits on a silicon seat, screws are fitted with O-rings
- 4 O-rings added between CPU fan and cooler
- Because I cannot buy Scythe Quiet Drive or similar product here in my country, so I bought 2 Orico 2.5 to 3.5 hard drive enclosures/adapter. The 2.5 drive is putted inside the enclosure. Top and bottom of the drive fitted with Silicon thermal pad, the sides are fitted with foam. Extension wire is used instead of the original PCB type adapter. These two enclosures are then fitted onto sub-chassis via grommets.
- Some additional foam padding on the back of the top plate at the location where it wouldn't rub against the chassis, small padding on back of the front panel where the padding is also used to stick the optical drive slot cover.
- Select silent mod in ASUS Fan Xpert 2 software
Pictures of the build are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyhpoon/se ... 948323615/