It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Fractal define s vs corsair q400.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 am
Posts: 18
Wich one is "quieter" or at least virtually quieter?
I heard good things about fractal cases, but also bad things about the gp 14 fans.
So maybe the corsair is a better option due to the fans?
Another mainstream case for quieter as posible build?
Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fractal define s vs corsair q400.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:36 am
Posts: 6680
Location: Monterey Bay, CA
What do you plan to put in it?

_________________
1080p Gaming build: i5-4670K, Mugen 4, MSI Z87-G45, MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming, 8GB 1866 RAM, Samsung Evo 250GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, WD Red 2TB, Samsung DVD burner, Fractal Define R4, Antec True Quiet 140 (2 front + rear) case fans, Seasonic X-560. 35-40W idle, 45-55W video streaming, 170-200W WoW, 200-230W Rift, 318W stress test (Prime95 + Furmark)

Support SPCR through these links: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fractal define s vs corsair q400.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 5275
Location: ITALY
Alsilence wrote:
So maybe the corsair is a better option due to the fans?

Absolutely no (I mean, the fans are not better under any respect).


Alsilence wrote:
Another mainstream case for quieter as posible build?

As said by Steve, it mostly depends of the build: BTW the Define C sports different fans (actually different bearing, long life sleeve vs plain sleeve) than Define S (X2 vs GP), so it should be different but YMMV.

_________________
Regards,
Luca

Support SPCR, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fractal define s vs corsair q400.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 am
Posts: 18
Nothing special.
6700k+thermalright macho + msi 480.
I want a silent case for that.
I was looking for the fractal design s, wich is only at 70€, but just when i was going to buy it i read something about its "noisy" fans, i don´t know if its true.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fractal define s vs corsair q400.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 5275
Location: ITALY
Alsilence wrote:
Nothing special.
6700k+thermalright macho + msi 480.
I want a silent case for that.
I was looking for the fractal design s, wich is only at 70€, but just when i was going to buy it i read something about its "noisy" fans, i don´t know if its true.

They are NOT noisy, in absolute terms: some silence-freak might say that they're quiet but not enough quiet, and that's all.

Besides, as said, the Corsair fans are NOT quieter than Fractal GPs; so, if those were your main options, personally I'd go for a Define S (or a Define C if it were not more expensive), rather than the Corsair 400, and give those fans a try: there's a chance you may be perfectly satisfied.

_________________
Regards,
Luca

Support SPCR, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fractal define s vs corsair q400.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 am
Posts: 18
quest_for_silence wrote:
Alsilence wrote:
Nothing special.
6700k+thermalright macho + msi 480.
I want a silent case for that.
I was looking for the fractal design s, wich is only at 70€, but just when i was going to buy it i read something about its "noisy" fans, i don´t know if its true.

They are NOT noisy, in absolute terms: some silence-freak might say that they're quiet but not enough quiet, and that's all.

Besides, as said, the Corsair fans are NOT quieter than Fractal GPs; so, if those were your main options, personally I'd go for a Define S (or a Define C if it were not more expensive), rather than the Corsair 400, and give those fans a try: there's a chance you may be perfectly satisfied.



Could you recommend me another one appart from these?
Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group