It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Corsair 275Q
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 am 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/Carbide-Series-275Q-Mid-Tower-Quiet-Gaming-Case-%E2%80%94-Black/p/CC-9011164-WW

I can recommend this. Building in it was quite fun. The case is pretty silent. I am running a single NF-12A at the moment on 40% duty cycle and cannot hear it at all over quiet ambient.
My motherboard is junk so not able to run the other fans yet, Y splitter ordered. I think it is likely these will be just as quiet.

Custom pics later.

Post subject: Re: Corsair 275Q
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 am 

I need some customcables to wire them properly, plus everything is coming out again to delid the 3770k at some point, and fit A12x25 PWM fans (though might buy the ULN 3 pin versions for chassis).

Next time I am never "going frugal" I have spent about £500 in total sidegrading from i5 to i7....

I could have just rinsed the Xmas sales and have a Ryzen 7 build by now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 am 

This case looks good value for money (£75 from my local source here in the UK) considering that it includes 2 PWM fans and a PWM hub (Repeater in Corsair jargon). The hub is a bit of an improvement on any form of PWM splitter cable, given that it can run up to 6 fans and has a separate SATA power connection. I thought that Corsair were going to include a Fast/Slow switch on the PWM Repeater, any sign of that on your case?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:28 pm 

No sign of that. It has a chip embedded in the middle so would have thought it could control fans somehow externally from the motherboard which, as you know, in my case, does not currently work.

If only I could get Speedfan to load automatically and set my fans up period. Everytime I start it, the %'s are different.

The ASUS ones, under Plex load, the fans are constantly speeding up and slowing down, like every second :roll: so been using Speedfan to overcome this. Plex crashed last night though...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:34 am 

Very nice post, haven't heard of this case before! How's the space for adding new fans?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 am 

zx_primeidal wrote:
Very nice post, haven't heard of this case before! How's the space for adding new fans?

There's room for 3x120's at the front and 3x120's on the top but you have to remove the magnetic dust filter / noisefilter to do so (which does make quite a difference to noise output).

Not sure about 140's but probably 2 in front and 2 on top????

There's no room at the bottom, because a twin HDD cage sits there (which I removed as I like silence and not mechanical noise!).

There's also more room at the rear for more than 2 SSD's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 am 

thesmileyone wrote:
zx_primeidal wrote:

There's room for 3x120's at the front and 3x120's on the top but you have to remove the magnetic dust filter / noisefilter to do so (which does make quite a difference to noise output).

Not sure about 140's but probably 2 in front and 2 on top????

There's no room at the bottom, because a twin HDD cage sits there (which I removed as I like silence and not mechanical noise!).

There's also more room at the rear for more than 2 SSD's.

That's great. I really like the case, I think it's very pretty.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:52 pm 

Never really heard of this case before. As I was building my new PC, will definitely use this case.